Super Contributor

You can't go wrong with either choice. I love them both.  After 32 years of Lenox sitting in my China closet I moved the dinner plates into my kitchen cabinet and use them now for dinner each day. Makes me feel good to see them getting more use. And I think my food tastes better.

Respected Contributor

You can't go wrong with getting what you like.  Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Thanks everyone! I decided to get the Mikasa Antique White. I got 2 sets of the service for 8 and the vegetable bowl, large platter and a serving bowl to start with. (Macy's has great prices.) I like the Antique White because it has cups and saucers rather than mugs. I will add to it later. Now to find a place to store it all!Smiley Wink

So happy for you. Enjoy your beautiful new dishes!

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using my Mikasa Cena-Stone MAGGI set of dishes for 48 years. The center is white and around the dishes is a turquoise/olive green/white flowery pattern. I never got tired of this set. I do use things forever as I hate wasting stuff.

Honored Contributor

I know OP has made her decision, but I'll simply add that comparing the two brands is like comparing apples to oranges.

The Corelle (which I have had for nearly 40 years and love) is great for everyday, eat at the kitchen table, easy to store and clean kind of living.

The Mikasa is always going to be more fancy, and more able to go from everyday to special occasion. As much as I love Corelle, I never consider it appropriate for fine (or even 'good Sunday dinner' type dining.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Thanks everyone! I decided to get the Mikasa Antique White. I got 2 sets of the service for 8 and the vegetable bowl, large platter and a serving bowl to start with. (Macy's has great prices.) I like the Antique White because it has cups and saucers rather than mugs. I will add to it later. Now to find a place to store it all!Smiley Wink

I hope you love these.  We had them for a very long time!  All of those patterns in the same white go together beautifully too!  You might wind up having fun mixing and matching!

Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of Corelle, especially with grandkids, LOL!  I have some pieces of Winter Frost and they work well with just about everything!

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Congrats!  I agree about the mugs vs. cups as well.  I prefer cups, which is probably one reason why I like the Mikasa.  I'm picky about my bowls and cups.

Honored Contributor

Corelle is great if you have kids and want to dine very casually. The Mikasa was heavy when I purchased it and I found it cumbersome.

My preference is Lenox because it is more durable than either the Mikasa or the Corelle. I was pleasantly surprised and have the Butterfly Meadow for probably about twenty years now give or take a year or two and it still looks new.

Esteemed Contributor

I vote Corelle.  I've had mine in the Winter Frost White for 33 years now.  Never a problem.  One can use colored and patterned placemats, napkins, talble cloths, flower arrangements, etc. of any design/season.  It's always pleasing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust