Honored Contributor

Mary Beth is cracking me up tonight, August 30th

Is anyone else watching?  To use her words, she seems a little "jazzed up" tonight. She seems to be very animated and in a very good mood.  I enjoy her no matter what, but tonight I'm getting a kick out of her.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mary Beth is cracking me up tonight, August 30th

@house_cat wrote:

Is anyone else watching?  To use her words, she seems a little "jazzed up" tonight. She seems to be very animated and in a very good mood.  I enjoy her no matter what, but tonight I'm getting a kick out of her.

Here's the thing.....I'm trying not to count how many times she says, "here's the thing."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to laugh when she was trying to bounce that sliced apple "spring" and it broke, and she said "oops".  It sounded funny to me.  Then she quickly recovered and snacked on a piece.

"Here's the thing"...LOL, I KNOW!  Someone could play a drinking game with that one.  Then the Glasslock lady said it, too!  Ha!  

Respected Contributor

I don't think it is her fault, but she is abruptly saying she is out of time to guests and moving on. I like presentations to move quickly but it seems rude to stop someone in mid-sentence and I know Mary Beth is not rude.

Respected Contributor

I think it's time for her to move on.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Here's the thing...Marybeth is my favourite host.I am jazzed watching her tonight.

Valued Contributor

and here is another thing...she is a class act and I hope she never quits, as she has brought me much joy and laughter in the past few years.  she is a lovely woman with a beautiful family.

Occasional Contributor

YES, I AGREE. EVERY HOST SHOULD TAKE A LESSON FROM MARY BETH. SHE'S ONE FINE LADY AND FUNNY TOO!!

Respected Contributor

Now don't get me wrong, I love Mary Beth and always have...and always will. And she usually does a decent job when hosting kitchen/food shows. But last night was not a good showing. I don't know if it was the producer's fault, or MB's fault, or what. As another poster mentioned, there were a lot of abrupt endings to presentations. Things just seemed off. When the program was over, I couldn't help but think Mary Beth should stick to jewelry and Liz Claiborne. I'm just not seeing an "In the Kitchen with Mary Beth" show in her future. Ha!!! 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I had to laugh when she was trying to bounce that sliced apple "spring" and it broke, and she said "oops".  It sounded funny to me.  Then she quickly recovered and snacked on a piece.

"Here's the thing"...LOL, I KNOW!  Someone could play a drinking game with that one.  Then the Glasslock lady said it, too!  Ha!  

She ate her way through the entire show! She even ate the apple peel!  That made me laugh.  She usually exercises such restraint, it was funny to see her so silly. I really enjoy her. It will be a sad day when the veteran hosts start to retire.  I'll probably stop watching. I can't watch the younger ones. I guess it's because I can't relate to them.  

~ house cat ~