Honored Contributor

Anybody here have a marble pastry board? are they worth the money?

I've got the silipat mat and a big ol' plastic mat. Thinking about upgrading. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I've had one for nearly 20 years and love it.  It's a great investment.  Once you have it, I'm sure you'll find yourself using it lots more than you expected. 

When I started to do chocolate work, I was really glad I had this puppy!

Honored Contributor
Yes and I love it. I purchased it at Kitchen Gourmet outlet store for $40. Best investment I made and also use a piece of 16x16 marble tile I purchased at lowes. Although I have granite countertops I still use these 2 pieces often.
Respected Contributor

I agree they're wonderful.   I've had one for years as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Thanks to all. Can't find one locally. Maybe I'll try those stores that sell bathrooms and kitchens marble materials. Shp prices online would knock me down. LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Thanks to all. Can't find one locally. Maybe I'll try those stores that sell bathrooms and kitchens marble materials. Shp prices online would knock me down. LOL

I'm pretty sure mine was a sink cut out.  I bought it at a kitchen store but they also do remodeling.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I bought one years ago and prefer the silicone mat from King Arthur.  Maybe I will try again if I can find where I put it.

Honored Contributor

I've got one that I got from an old Ames department store. I think they're great. Back when I bought mine there wasn't a local countertop fabricator, but if there is you can get a pretty big one cheap.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Back in the day, I went to a local countertop company and they gave me a slab of marble for free, along with some long, thin slabs I put on my windowsills under plants.

I rented then and had a tiled countertop, so the marble was fantastic.

Now I just roll out dough on my quartz counter...easy!

Honored Contributor

I got black quartz counter tops too, but wanted a piece of marble, but, no marble in Amarillo, so, this place that sold high end granite had a big ol' piece of custom granite they had made for a woman that wanted finger indentions on the side to help carry it she never showed to pick it up so I talked him down some on it and just bought it. I couldn't handle it then I went to Home depot and bought some padding to lay it on.   If you can get FREE marble, granite or quartz best be thanking your lucky stars.

DSC00017.JPG