Valued Contributor

Made in China stoneware - is it safe?

<iframe id="twttrHubFrame" style="position: absolute; width: 10px; height: 10px; top: -9999em;" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1324331373.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" name="twttrHubFrame"></iframe>

There is an item on today (Jan 5) in Kitchen Clearance that is stoneware and I was reading the reviews on the product. Someone, in the review section on the item, had posted the review below. Now I know that anyone, can say anything they want in reviews or in online chats so being totally ignorant on the subject, I thought I would ask some of you foodee kitchen tool experts. Anybody know something on this topic? I don't want to knowingly purchase anything that could compromise my family's health.

Here's what a reviewer posted on an item now on sale from the Temptation line:

ONLY Made In USA In My Kitchen
Posted by APAK 10-02-11
Date:10-02-11
Overall Rating
1 out of 5
1 out of 5
"I received these as a gift & when I turned them over & saw the made in china stamp they went back in the box & to the nearest second hand shop.
I cannot comment on the quality, but I can comment on the fact that china has low standards in their manufacturing plants & they have been known to use paints, glazes, colorings & even ingredients to manufacture items that are known to be toxic. Think melamine in baby formula & baby toys.
Sorry Temp-tations but I will not use products where food is involved that is NOT manufactured in this country where our quality standards are to protect people, not just boost a bottom line.
"