Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Made in China stoneware - is it safe?

<iframe id="twttrHubFrame" style="position: absolute; width: 10px; height: 10px; top: -9999em;" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1324331373.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" name="twttrHubFrame"></iframe>

There is an item on today (Jan 5) in Kitchen Clearance that is stoneware and I was reading the reviews on the product. Someone, in the review section on the item, had posted the review below. Now I know that anyone, can say anything they want in reviews or in online chats so being totally ignorant on the subject, I thought I would ask some of you foodee kitchen tool experts. Anybody know something on this topic? I don't want to knowingly purchase anything that could compromise my family's health.

Here's what a reviewer posted on an item now on sale from the Temptation line:

ONLY Made In USA In My Kitchen
Posted by APAK 10-02-11
Date:10-02-11
Overall Rating
1 out of 5
1 out of 5
"I received these as a gift & when I turned them over & saw the made in china stamp they went back in the box & to the nearest second hand shop.
I cannot comment on the quality, but I can comment on the fact that china has low standards in their manufacturing plants & they have been known to use paints, glazes, colorings & even ingredients to manufacture items that are known to be toxic. Think melamine in baby formula & baby toys.
Sorry Temp-tations but I will not use products where food is involved that is NOT manufactured in this country where our quality standards are to protect people, not just boost a bottom line.
"

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View