Respected Contributor

Re: Luncheon menu for today is Greek Macaroni with Browned Butter and Mizithra

Hey Zhills I have plenty coming your way my friend!!!

Super Contributor

OHHHHHHH Dear Adore, how you tempt my soul!!!!! I soooo wish I could join you for lunch, I am sure it would be the best Greek food I've ever had in my life. I'm sorry I missed your invite earlier, have had company so been away from the forum.

I am absolutely THRILLED that you are back, and married and happy!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub} It sounds like you had a wonderful Honeymoon and some good travels, and of course good food! I am so happy to see you back and can hear the lightness in your heart in your posts. Much love to you sweet friend!

Honored Contributor

Oh my heavens, I don't know if you will believe this or not, adore, but what I'm about to recount to you actually happened. Just this moment I was scrolling through the All Categories section, and my mind thought of you. I wondered if you would ever return to the boards. Within a second or two, up came your recipe. There was your name again.

It's so nice to have you back. I have missed you, dear friend. I hope you are well.

Me polli agapi,

Goldie

Honored Contributor

I just now read the other posts on the board. When did you marry? Whom did you marry?

This is all news to me.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH AND MANY, MANY YEARS TOGETHER!

Respected Contributor

Hey Jules,

I did reply to you on the other thread, but will reply here too.

So happy to be home for a while again. Phillip loves my main residence and even though his home has many acres of real estate, that much remoteness is too large for me to live in and still have peace of mind, even with all the electronic protection installed I prefer not to be that remote.

Phillip also loves the beach view from my veranda and the fact we can walk to the beach in 5 minutes. He also loves the sea air and its fresh scent. The sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking over the Atlantic ocean which at night sparkles like glistening diamonds.

He is an avid fisherman so he will be docking his boat nearby in a few weeks. We also love boating and will travel by sea to New England over the summer months.

I love the fact that the dogs took to him right away, and he takes them out regularly which they have missed and really love.

Of course we all love and miss my mom and my husband.......you cannot be married 45 years and not miss your spouse who passed on, and I know the dogs do miss my mom and husband as well.....but I believe now with a kind caring man again in the house they are adjusting beautifully.

I also believe both of them, and all my dearly departed family, relatives, and friends are smiling down on us, as I am no longer alone and have a wonderful man to share my life with.

We have become accustomed to eating the Mediterranean way and will have large BBQ's for company.

We both enjoy that laid back Mediterranean diet which is much lighter than the American diet we usually were consuming. Now more fruits and vegetables, and meats in smaller portions and not eaten every day.

Well Jules dear friend we raise our glasses and toast to your future happiness too, and please know wherever we are, and no matter what we are doing you shall always remain in our hearts, thoughts, and constant daily prayers.

I know you miss your Dad Jules, but also please remember that he just went a little ahead and is now pain free and smiling down while watching over you!

When we are here I will always seek you out to post to you and let you know when we depart again....no worried Jules..... just enjoy and be happy, and be productive too, as that makes living each day much easier.

God Bless you dear kind friend, stay safe and enjoy this life God graced us with, as it is the only earthly one we shall have in this lifetime..........and then hopefully eternally in the next one.

Respected Contributor

Adoreqvc, OMG, you did marry the gentlemen you had your first date with! Wow! So very happy for you and this pasta dish sounds wonderful! Hugs!
Respected Contributor

You know I do believe what you typed Goldie because you too have been in my thoughts and prayers as well.
It is so nice to be back, and I have truly missed you too. I paged you on my last visit in, and you did not reply, and then I departed to go abroad again. I am so glad we connected again now.
I married a man named Phillip. He is also Greek American and a bit younger than me. We met while cruising the Mediterranean and really hit it off.
We had so many things in common as well as speaking the same languages, religion, nationality, same customs, same likes and dislikes, same values, same dreams, hopes, and beliefs.
We both love to entertain, cook, eat, travel, and enjoy the warm comfy surroundings of home.
It began as friends and then with each new travel adventure which we coincided to happen together in our itineraries ......our love blossomed from friendship into wedded bliss.
I never expected a wedding proposal at this point in my life, but nevertheless it came. We got married a few weeks ago. It was a very quiet affair with just some friends from the cruise ship in attendance.
We thought about doing a destination wedding but did not want people to go through the travel or expense, so decided to do a belated wedding reception when we came home to my place. Less costly for guests in the area to attend, and I wanted to do it in familiar surroundings with people I care about being present.
Today was the day, and the last of our guests departed about 1/2 hour ago. My housekeeper stayed and is cleaning up, and then Phillip and I can have some more champagne and relax. All in all it was a beautiful day for a back yard BBQ pool belated wedding reception.
I will post when we are home again Goldie, and look forward to continued cyber chats with you......as always meh polie agape which in English means, As usual with much love.
On 7/19/2014 Goldie76 said:

Oh my heavens, I don't know if you will believe this or not, adore, but what I'm about to recount to you actually happened. Just this moment I was scrolling through the All Categories section, and my mind thought of you. I wondered if you would ever return to the boards. Within a second or two, up came your recipe. There was your name again.

It's so nice to have you back. I have missed you, dear friend. I hope you are well.

Me polli agapi,

Goldie

Respected Contributor

Hi Mustangshar,
Yes I did marry him, and many thanks for your lovely congratulations reply, and sending big hugs back to you. "Thank you so much".
I hope you also enjoy the Greek Pasta dish I posted. It is really delicious!
On 7/19/2014 Mustangshar said: Adoreqvc, OMG, you did marry the gentlemen you had your first date with! Wow! So very happy for you and this pasta dish sounds wonderful! Hugs!

Super Contributor

Dear sweet Adore,

Thank you for your post, you touch my heart so deeply. I am so genuinely happy for both you and Phillip. I think he was an angel sent your way... I remember reading your heart-wrenching posts of grief, and your pain was palbable. I understand that kind of loss. It is truly a gift when someone can breach that realm and find the joy in your spirit that just needed to be reignited again. It is not about forgetting those you love, but those you love want you to go on and live and thrive, and they brought you Phillip. I just smile everytime I read your posts now. I am honored to be your friend, and I am doing okay, it's only been 3 months, but I feel strength from my parents and look forward to my journey in life. I have actually considered moving back to England, and perhaps even Greece. I might have to hit you up for some good locations. Smile I hope you revel in your Honeymoon celebrations this weekend and for every day after. All my best, always.... J {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

My Dear Jules,
We can feel your joy in your words chosen which reflect deeply from your heart, and on to your typed posts.
Jules I hope our cyber communications have brought you some help, perhaps a bit of encouragement, a lot of piece of mind, a greater understanding of the grief process which you know I always posted about in all the QVC grief journey threads, as well as in my own posts.
When I lost my husband of 45 years and my beloved mother just 2 weeks apart close to 3 years ago this coming August, both died so suddenly and unexpectedly, with no words of love, closure, or until we meet again in God's Heavenly Kingdom.
I felt so cheated and devastated, and longed to join them, but eventually I realized God has reasons for everything and only he knows the answers to them, and we must trust him to guide us through all our earthly endeavors.
I know your pain and share it, as well as your loss Jules. Death brings everyone a deeper understanding, a more kinder awareness of what is really important in life,especially as we learn and continue to walk in our life journey here on God's green earth.
I share your beliefs that my departed loved ones sensed my deep grief and brought Phillip into my life. I believe they did not wish that I continue to walk all alone.
I am so grateful for all that God has bestowed upon me, and for you my dear Jules......especially for you. You bring me comfort and joy and such blessings of wonder ........Just having you to cyber chat with is such a blessing.
Jules you are like sunshine which warms the soul and touches the heart in places other cannot fathom or dare to tread.
Please know Jules that your parents have instilled their strength within your being so call upon it anytime you feel the need to strengthen your soul.
They are always around us watching over us, loving us, guiding us, and praying our steady steps walk the righteous path they instilled us to walk. Trust your instincts Jules as they are your saving grace from within.
Should you decide to relocate yes I will try and help as best as I can just know in other cultures there may be unrest, and many do not offer the security we have here in the U.S., but of course if I can help you I shall.
Again Jules blessings and many thanks always for every wonderful post you warm our hearts with....God Bless and may his wisdom always guide you in this life as you walk the path of knowledge and eventually learn of his deepest pure love for each of his children as well as the greater power he will bestow upon us which eventually awaits us all.