Frequent Contributor

I guess she has been on Evine Live for awhile, but I am just now seeing her there. What happened on the Q? Did QVC just get tired of her "ya'll" every two minutes? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Loving Paula Deen on Evine

She is the most unsanitary cook on television ever.  Her fingers are in everything.  I don't want someone feeding me using their hands either.  Scraping the bottom of dishes with her fingers - and then feeding folks!  Its' atrocious.

Do you think they use utensils when they eat at home - or is everything reduced to finger food there?

Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

She is the most unsanitary cook on television ever.  Her fingers are in everything.  I don't want someone feeding me using their hands either.  Scraping the bottom of dishes with her fingers - and then feeding folks!  Its' atrocious.

Do you think they use utensils when they eat at home - or is everything reduced to finger food there?

Enjoy!

@aggravated ..... I totally agree with you .... she sticks her fingers in the food & then licks her fingers ... I can't watch her cooking .... she turns my stomach!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

No one knows for sure, but she was dropped by her many sponsors when info was made public about her comments that labeled her a bigot.

One can only speculate why QVC let her go.

Trusted Contributor

It's no secret why QVC dropped her. She was in hot water for admitting she had used the 'N' word. Everyone dropped her in a hot minute.

I'm enjoying all the kitchen shows. I know proper sanitation methods. If you know better, good for you. If you don't want to watch-don't!

Trusted Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

It's no secret why QVC dropped her. She was in hot water for admitting she had used the 'N' word. Everyone dropped her in a hot minute.

I'm enjoying all the kitchen shows. I know proper sanitation methods. If you know better, good for you. If you don't want to watch-don't!

Well, you have to watch once anyway to know you don't want to see any more of it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lacey1 wrote:

I agree @Lacey1 plus she also got a lot of blow back about being a diabetic but not disclosing it until she signed on to be a spokesperson for a diabetic drug.  Food Network was caught in the crossfire as there she is with her former rather unhealthy cooking and it's my understanding she didn't disclose her condition to them nor did she disclose the tie to the diabetic drug.  I don't think FN actually fired her but her contract was up for renewal and they decided to let it lapse.

I very much enjoyed the original PD.  Ever since that awful show Paula's Party I can't say I paid much attention to her as her presentations can wear on a person.

She has changed a bit on Evine and is usually pretty well behaved (aside from her usual sanitary issues) but when she is on with Allison Waggoner all bets are off.  I have seen more than once where she simply disappears for about 10-15 minutes during the show which I am assuming they are giving her a time out . . . Smiley Happy

I find her food to be incredibly overpriced (even next to QVC's prices) but her appliances are cleverly designed with interesting colors and patterns.  I can't speak to their quality but they can be eye catching.

Respected Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

Enjoy!

You should see Natalie Dupree or Julia Child.  They have worse habits of their fingers in everything and they are always eating what they are cooking while doing the presentation.

Honored Contributor

I can't take all of the y'alls.  I've lived in the South and never heard anyone use as many y'alls  as she.  Her accent is very phony.  I wonder how the Deadliest Catch guys like sharing the stage with Her?  I bet they get a ribbing when they get back to their boat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

Enjoy!

You should see Natalie Dupree or Julia Child.  They have worse habits of their fingers in everything and they are always eating what they are cooking while doing the presentation.

I more than agree @Tigriss but perhaps they came from an era when poultry and meat were handled much more carefully and respectfully at the front end of the process than we experience today because to be honest who ever heard of salmonella at that time?

For me, these factory farms have wreaked havoc not only on our lives in terms of illnesses but have damaged our foodchain that will take years to recover from until we untangle this horrible process.  I personally cannot afford to purchase farm raised, organic meat but I actively boycot stores that I find poultry clearly mistreated (broken legs, etc.).  I wish I could do more but right now it's the best I can do.