Honored Contributor

Re: Looks like I'll be needing a countertop turkey roaster for Thanksgiving.....

Glad you found a good one at a great price. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Looks like I'll be needing a countertop turkey roaster for Thanksgiving.....

If anyone needs a roaster for about $30, his one passed OUR turkey test with flying colors.

Probably BETTER than what my kitchen stove oven could have done.

Bought at WallyWorld.

Now I may invest in one of the better brands and give this to one of my WDILs.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

If it's an oven-space problem you could always do the turkey the day before.   That's what I do now, not for a lack of space but because of my physical limitations.  It has been very freeing to spread the cooking out over 3 days.

I pick mine up on Monday (pre-ordered), brine it Tues night, and roast it Wed.  That way I have all the carving done ahead of time and I don't have to worry about it in the last bit of time before dinner is ready.

I just put some in a baking dish, sealed up, in the refrigerator.  Then, on Thursday, when I'm baking the dressing in the oven, there is plenty of room for the turkey that we'll be using that day.  I hit it with a splash of stock, put the glass cover on the baking dish, and in it goes to heat back up.  If you have a nice, flavorful, turkey it will heat up beautifully.  Smiley Happy

Ina Garten actually recommends doing it your way!

She has recipes on pre-cooking Thanksgiving.