Respected Contributor

Have been having issues with lids not wanting to lock.  Although I hand wash my L&L, wait until food has cooled down before placing leftovers in the fridge, the lid levers won't shut.

Now comes another issue with them:  the levers are breaking.  It appears that the plastic wears thin after continuous use.

Will not be buying these ever again.  Going back to OXO.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

OXO products are da bomb!!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The newer lock and lock pieces don't close as easily.  Haven't had any tab issues.

Respected Contributor

No problems here.  The new formula was introduced a year or two ago.  

Respected Contributor

I have some fairly old L&L containers and have never had a problem.  One of them is opened/closed multiple times a day as my dog treats are in there.  Another one I use to store ground coffee. 

Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem with the lids not closing. I have to keep trying different side combinations or they keep popping open. This is a newer set also. They seem more rigid. Years ago I bought a bread box and the same thing happened. I am using it to store spices now and it still doesn't close completely. 

Trusted Contributor

I had the same problem with the lid not locking on my L&L 18 ct. egg container a couple years ago.  I called L&L customer service and the rep said to lift the tab up all the way a couple times and then try to lock it.  It worked and I've had no problem since.

Call L&L customer service.  They are helpful.

Respected Contributor

I spoke too soon.  I received the recent TSV and the tops for two of the handled pieces kept popping open.  Back the set goes.  

Valued Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I spoke too soon.  I received the recent TSV and the tops for two of the handled pieces kept popping open.  Back the set goes.  

I just got the new set too in the Iris blue color. Most of it looks fine but on some of the lids the hinges are white which worries me.

Respected Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I just got the new set too in the Iris blue color. Most of it looks fine but on some of the lids the hinges are white which worries me.

Mine were like that too.  Then i had laid it all out trying to figure out what to do with it and thats when the two lids would just pop open.  I think the little plastic pieces that form the lock are not deep enough,  Anyway a lock and lock that doesnt stay locked is not a keeper.