Honored Contributor

Leftovers on Saturdays!  We cook on Sundays for the week.  Heat and eat whatever you can find in the fridge.  If it's not there ... come back tomorrow. Smiley Happy  So glad you dropped in to say hi.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

At my husband's request, I'm doing chicken chili today in the crockpot. We really liked it. and I'm also making for dinner tonight, pulled turkey with coleslaw on a bun. So if someone popped in today, I'm covered. What a rare thing for company that is. LOL

Respected Contributor

Cottage cheese and blueberries, protein shakes,trader Joe's scallion pancakes,scrambled eggs, a variety of olives, gin and tonics, gin martini,coke zero, English or Irish  breakfast tea, and some randome pet hair...lol.

Esteemed Contributor

If you know my address you should also know my phone number and should have called. Don't come over expecting me to feed you. Call me first and we can then make plans.

Esteemed Contributor

I would quickly pick up the phone & make "reservations" lol

Respected Contributor

Have to say I come from a family of drop in's, even friends, so it wouldn't faze me, freezer & pantry always well stocked or like others could order out & enjoy the company.

As a young girl we lived on a block of almost all relatives, l would check each house & pick the one that had the food I liked best, that's where I would have supper that nite, there was always enough for 1 (probably 2-5) more, so I guess it's in my genes.

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

Depending on the ages of the guests, I would be able to make a nice salad, spagetti with meatballs or meat sauce, and Italian rolls.

If all were adults I'd probably make breaded veal patties (from Omaha Steaks), noodles or rice, and a veg.

I purchase day old long Italian sub rolls from a local deli for around $.40 each.  Cut them in half in both directions and spread each roll with melted butter & garlic powder.  Wrap tightly in foil and freeze.  They last several months in the freezer.  I usually do about 15-20 roll servings each time so I'm prepared for the grands who like them for meatball sandwiches and individual pizzas.

I always have a dessert at the ready.  My grocery store often has Entennmans Pound Cake on BOGO.  I get them every time, even when I have one already.  I slice them into 3 layers and frost each layer with lemon curd, or frosting, or fruit preserves.  Put the layers back together, wrap tightly in foil, and freeze.  I can cut the cake in slices while still frozen and refreeze what I don't need.  Serve the defrosted slices with a topping of fresh fruit or a dollop of whipped cream if I have it.

Libbylady, all I can say it I want to live in your freezer! . . . what great ideas, thanks for sharing . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's imagine that....

[ Edited ]

4:00 a.m.?!  First, I doubt they'd be hungry as much as tired.  If they were they'd get their choice of a bowl of cereal or a TV dinner, maybe toast or a grill cheese sandwich and canned soup.  Or directions to Jack In the Box because that's the only thing that will be open at that time.

Trusted Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

4:00 a.m.?!  First, I doubt they'd be hungry as much as tired.  If they were they'd get their choice of a bowl of cereal or a TV dinner, maybe toast or a grill cheese sandwich and canned soup.  Or directions to Jack In the Box because that's the only thing that will be open at that time.

The OP said 4 P.M.

Honored Contributor

Tonight they would've hit the jackpot.  Made a roast chicken, (and always make extra) baked potatoes and a big salad with home made dressing.

I can always whip up ice cream in my Vitamix as I always have frozen fruit for smoothies.

Best thing is....everything was organic.