Respected Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

The pots aren't that heavy. Even the 15 qt goose pot is only about 25 pounds empty. I don't have any problem putting the goose pot in and out of the oven with food in it.  

Wow, I consider 25 lbs to be quiet heavy!

It's about what the average toddler weighs. I guess I don't really see that as being heavy. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  I think 25 is way too heavy for an empty pot.  That's about what my dog weighs and she's hard to pick up. Guess I'm just a whimp.

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

The pots aren't that heavy. Even the 15 qt goose pot is only about 25 pounds empty. I don't have any problem putting the goose pot in and out of the oven with food in it.  

Yeah, but it depends on how big your goose is!  LOL!!!  Do you have a big goose?  Or is it impolite to ask?  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey, Sooner!  How fun to have many colors.    I'm pretty boring in the color department, what with most of mine being either red or black.  I have shiny black and satin-finish black.  Love them all.  I also have a few in Dune, which I don't really love they they're ok.

I've love to get a piece in that Cassis color.  But I have pretty much everything from 1qt (very handy!) to the 13.25qt.  

I actually got a couple of mine on ebay, brand new, for about half price.  I got one from the outlet over near where Shoekitty lives.    You can sometimes find prices, but it's worth it to me to have the quality and the warranty, but mostly the quality.  Smiley Happy

I had one Staub piece, originally.  It was nice except clearly not finished as well as the LC pieces.  I actually ended up selling it for $20 to a nice young-ish lady who was thrilled to get it.  So, I was glad that it found a new home.   I imagine it will perform for her for ages.

I have mostly blue, red, and dune.  I have 1 white about 7 quart oval.  I have ONE green 6 quart (size approximate!) round one.  I have a few of the Quince color and LOVE that yellow!  I have one black one; one sort of teal color soup pot 4.5 quart; and one or two Coastal Blue (plus one ancient one La Mama 4.5 quart oval and matching gratin pot--they are O L D, but still in great shape).  

I've been buying them for 25 years, and stop at the BIG outlet in Yemassee SC on vacation every year!  So that's why I have and love all of them!  PLUS the Staub yellow with the metal chicken on top, and the blue with the Fish handle on top!  Several pots were gifts over the years so I HAD to accept them of course!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh CB I am so with you on that Dune color.  I was hoping it would have more of a greyish tint to it (so it would match the kitchen in my head) but I really wish I had ordered it in the Cassis (which would match nothing but it's a great color) . . . Smiley Happy

Dune is what most of my most-used basic ones are!  It goes beautifully with so many and we have brick around the cooktop, so it's good with that too--better than white.  Ina Garten apparently likes it too!  

Respected Contributor

Maybe the TSV will be something like this  piece of LeCreuset, which I bought several months ago and use frequently.  It's just under 3 quarts, and it's shaped almost like a wok.

cookpot.jpg

Regular Contributor

Oh, I like that! That would be a great TSV!

Respected Contributor
About 6 years ago, I bought a Staub Dutch oven on QVC. It is similar in looks to LC. The rim around the top of the pot is all rusted so I recently stopped using it. I really want a LC, and can't imagine it would rust after 6 years. And QVC has it on easy pay. There's a LC outlet about 40 minutes from me. I might check it out before I buy it on the Q.
Respected Contributor

About that rusting problem....... I have rust on the rim of a Rachael Ray enameled cast iron dutch oven that I bought at Costco, and I have a Staub from QVC  that has always had several chips in the enamel near the rim.

The majority of my iron cookware pieces are Le Creuset and have NO rust.

It is possible to get rust on any brand, probably, but one rule for owning this type of cast iron is that it must be completely dry before storing away.  I always let mine air dry for hours, with lids off, even after drying them by hand .

So it must prove something when all cookware pieces, regardless of brand, get washed and dried the same way, but some brands rust and some do not.

Honored Contributor
I bought a La Frontenac or something like that from HSN. Heavy, heavy, heavy. It now lives in the basement. Bad purchase, I found later it had chips on the edge and I never even used it. I'm thinking HSN bought them on closeout.
Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Maybe the TSV will be something like this  piece of LeCreuset, which I bought several months ago and use frequently.  It's just under 3 quarts, and it's shaped almost like a wok.

cookpot.jpg

Oh, that is the exact one I bought for my son and DIL last Christmas!  Now they want a whole Set!  Lol ,,,,,,