Valued Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I like the pullman bread pans. I just threw out a very old one (decades) that started to corrode. I bought a smaller one. This is the bread pan with a lid. You don't HAVE to use the lid, but if you do, you get a squared-off loaf of bread that is great for sandwiches. I usually use it without the lid, because I'm just making toast or eating bread at breakfast. But when I want a square loaf, nothing like it. 

However their prices can be kind of high. If they don't have a coupon or a free shipping offer, I get the same thing for about five dollars lessat Amazon. Same brand. 

Same deal with the dough bucket--cheaper elsewhere. My dog pulled both dough bowls off the counter (she's very curious) and I lost two really great pottery bowls. They are so expensive, so now I just use a bucket to raise the bread. Plastic. Lid. Done. 

Campion, I have been wanting King Arthurs dough bucket, but haven't pulled the trigger, because of the price. Can you tell me where to look for a better priced one?

Honored Contributor

I pulled the trigger about 6 months ago. Lid doesn't fit secure, but, I think they made it like that on purpose. So it would lay on the top, but, still allow in a tad of air.

I had checked Amazon, Bed and Bath, etc. Just couldn't find one as heavy duty sturdy as this one and said it would last me forever, so, I bit the bullet.