Honored Contributor

Re: Keurig was a waste of money for me

plus it makes weak, awful coffee, no matter what setting you have it on!

One of my worst purchases ever and sorry I bought one for my parents too and made them suffer through it, lol. I bought them a Nespresso machine to make up for it.  Smiley Wink

Contributor

I bought the original mini before it changed to its current shape, and it is still going strong at my job, and I have been retired for 2 years!  I then bought the current one and graduated to a simple large one in white that was a tsv a few years ago.  All are still going strong, but I have kept my percolators for when we have company.  Making one cup at a time for a bunch of people seems to take forever.  I have no interest in getting the 2.0.  Sorry your experience was poor.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

We have one of the original iCoffee Single Serve coffeemakers and love it.  Not one problem ever.  The coffee is great and we used it a lot!!

@hellodali

I've always been a percolator person, but my husband has been nagging me to try a different system.  This looks very interesting and I may give it a try.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one from the Q a few years ago .... the coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc., was soooooo weak & not at all enjoyable so I packed it up & returned it ..... I went back to using my Farberware electric coffee pot (2-4cups) & I enjoy my coffe every day!! ☕️

Trusted Contributor

I love my Keurig!  It works with our current lifestyle.

1. I need to drink decaf, and my husband drinks reguler

2. My husband travels with his job, so some days, I only make one cup

3. I don't need to fuss with the mess of the used grounds

4. Guests can have whatever they prefer...tea, hot chocolate, coffee, decaf

Enjoy what works best for you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I thought I'd never want a Keurig! But my dh retired a year ago and he used to have one at work. We have well water and I didn't want one that held water so thank goodness Keurig has their mini. We absolutely love it! We never have any problems with it and I love how every cup of coffee is perfect! I do make a point to clean it with vinegar once a month religiously. I wouldn't go back to a drip coffee maker if you paid me. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

The Keurig mini has been a boon for me.  I used to make a small-ish amount in my MrCoffee and would still end up throwing some way every day.  No longer am I wasting the coffee.  I drink one cup a day.  The Keurig is perfect for me.  Plus, the mini doesn't have all those whistles and bells, etc.    Easy-peasy.

That's the reason I bought it.  I do not like re-heated coffee and would throw the whole pot minus 1 cup away but I decided when this one bites the dust I'm going back to my little 4 cup Cuisinart.  The pods have gotten too expensive even with coupons and sales.

Trusted Contributor

fRe: Keurig was a waste of money for me

Sorry to hear that. I've had mine for a few years now and haven't had any trouble at all.  I use the reusable kcup without any problem.  I run a vinegar and water solution through it every so often to keep it clean and descaled have had no issues with the pin. 

When I use pods, I don't use generic ones, although I do use several brands other than Keurig, and haven't had any problems with any of the brands that I've used.  When I buy pods I get them at bulk price or I frequently find them on sale at my local grocery, Kmart, and other places sometimes even at a close out price.    

Esteemed Contributor

The one we had at work became a real PITA.....I still like my coffee brewed by the pot better. I was tempted a few times to buy one though back then.

Honored Contributor

I have one of the original Keurigs and it is still going strong (albeit very loud).  I bought it for my mom to help her make coffee in the morning but that didn't work out too well but I am not sorry I purchased it as I only drink a cup or two (if that) during the day.

I am sorry to hear that the quality of these machines has gone downhill since I purchased mine but I guess in this day and age it's to be expected . . . Smiley Sad