Trusted Contributor

Just received Honeybelles...

and am disappointed. I bought the grove pack which only contains 9 honeybells and Two of them are still green , two are covered with what looks like blisters, and one is covered in what appears to be a brown fungus(enough of it that it looks unappetizing. Now I know what is important is the inside/taste so I cut open the best looking one (into about 8 wedges...)there must have been at least a hundred seeds because I counted 12 seeds in one small section. I recently bought Minneolas and they looked better, has about 3 seed per orange and tasted comparable. I've shared orders of Honeybells in the past and they were good. This year I think they'll go back!

Super Contributor

Re: Just received Honeybelles...

Call QVC as I would hate to ship food back. They used to just refund you but now.. Call and let us know.

Honored Contributor

I'd call and ask for a credit, too.

As a comparison - I bought honeybells locally just Wednesday from a stand which also ships fruit. Of course, since I wasn't paying for shipping and packing, they were much less expensive. So far, though, the two I have used are NOT particularly good.

I haven't been back to the stand to ask questions or ask for money back, but I was not pleased even at my lesser price. Usually the fruit from the stand is excellent even though it's pricier than Publix and worth the drive out of my way. Not this time.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks 4uthebest & millieshops! I did contact CS and they said they would issue a refund and no need to mail them back. It's actually too bad because I've had them some years where they are so much better than what the grocery store has but this year they are tasteless and the other issues I mentioned. I realize there are good and bad years for crops...I wonder if different retail operations get different grades of fruit...for instance does Harry and David get the best and other places get the culls? I wonder????

Thanks again...

Honored Contributor

I have learned from OP 's experience too. Had a few things that I ordered and they were less than stellar but always got my money back. And you never ship food back just trash it. So I don't order any food from the Q. There was the infamous cr(a)p cakes, Nutri system had a 5 day program that was just gross and on HSN, one Xmas time, they had cheesecakes as a TSV that were horrible. Got my money back and lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

I've gotten Honeybells from HSN and they come with a brochure that says they may have scars and blemishes on them. Due to their shape they tend to bang against other twigs and branches which leaves marks. They had no seeds and were so good.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

ITA with what Kachina said. Honeybells are not guaranteed to be pretty on the outside. There are many factors which affect the appearance of the skin, but I've never been disappointed with the fruit itself and that's the important part.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I think it's got to do with the weather down in Fl. this yr. My Minute Maid oj has been awful this yr. too. They must had freezes or some kind of weather issue. MM, is my favorite juice and this yr. I started buying that cheap Bright and early juice.

Honored Contributor

I always order my Honeybells from Hales and CeeBee's. They are absolute perfection every single year!

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor

I ordered the 6 lb for EDD 1/15 ship date and 6 lb EDD 1/23 ship date. Have not received due to weather in Florida information from customer service. Just checked and one order shipped 1/19 and the other on 1/20 so should be receiving soon. I have ordered fruit from Cushman's direct in the past and the fruit was always good, so I'm looking forward to this.