New Contributor

Re: Just bought me a Kitchen Aid

[ Edited ]

Re: the mini:

It's already available on Amazon in all colors and at Target and Macy's in 3 colors each.

Suggested retail is $399, and it's 250 W - same as the classic. Amazon and Target has it for $329 and Macy's, for $474 (hahaha!).

I've been following this since the announcement in March.  There is a youtube vid from the Chicago Houseware show showing it being used.  In the video, it doesn't look any different than a regular size mixer.  However, somewhere I saw a picture of Ming Tsai with his arm on the mixer and it looked like a toy!  I guess it's hard to judge size without actually seeing it.  The person in the video is probably petitie, while Ming Tsai is rather tall.

I'm excited to see it offered on Q,  hopefully, with a nice bundle and price decrease.

I think it's going to be great for small spaces, or those that don't need a bigger a capacity mixer.  The MSPR, however, is a deal killer. 

Honored Contributor

Mine is a 300 W

K43826
KitchenAid 4.5qt. 300W Tilt Head Mixer with 3qt. Bowl
Honored Contributor

Saints be praised ! Got my new pink stand mixer replacement today and this one actually works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I was so excited to see a smaller, lighter version because the original is just too big and too heavy for me, it took up too much space on the counter so I had to store it on a shelf.   I gave it to my daughter.

I ordered it from Target when I read about it here last week and had it by Tuesday.  I got the white one

I didn't care what it cost, well within reason, but it was free shipping and I also got a small rebate from ebates.

I used it for the first time today and I'm just so happy to finally have one that I don't have to kill myself trying to move.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wish KA would put the speeds on the right side. You have to set the thing at an angle to see which speed your on. Put the lower and lift feature on the other side. Must be a man that designed it.

To the gal who 1 time said her beaters were bobbing up and down. I bet it's the placement of the handle bowl. Picture shows it should be with handle clockwise to the left, but, I found out you need to place the bowl with the handle North more twisted around and that will keep the beaters moving right . No bobbing beaters.

Just experiment with the bowl placement and that will solve the problem. 

Experience is the best teacher.