Esteemed Contributor

Me, too! I started watching her when the woman who was to be my MIL spoke so highly of her back in '67 or so. She also gave me her Julia Child cook book, which I have to this day. I learned SO much from watching her and Graham Kerr (The Galloping Gourmet), that I can honestly say that the cook I am today is a reflection of them. Actually, I learned more technique that I use from Graham Kerr than Julia Child. I feel he taught more basics. Now when it comes to things like souffles and roasts, definitely Julia Child.

My mother was such a bad cook, I had made a decision to learn how to cook, just didn't know at the time that that education would come from the television.

Aside from Julia Child's book, I love my early copy of The New York Times Cookbook.

Super Contributor
I recently rewatched the series on Amazon Prime. I remember as a little girl watching her with my dad. We used to just crack up because she was such a messy cook. I actually learned so much the second time around.
Respected Contributor
Do you know what I think her greatest gift is to us? In her day, frozen, canned, convenience food-including tv dinners were running rampant....fillers and engineered foods were making serious inroads into America......I think in the long run, what she and James Beard together gave us- an appreciation of whole fresh food. Yes, we all have our memories of canned stuff and frozen, but somehow she prevailed in our national psyche: fresh is truly better. In addition, she did so much for not just the recording of recipes, but she gave a science to it. Why was one flour successful when another one was not? What was different about a brick oven vs an electric? We owe her so very much- she was a true gift. Poodlepet2
Regular Contributor

My fondest memory of Julia was when she dropped an entire pot of whatever she was cooking and just laughed and said (in so many words): Don't worry. It's PBS - nobody's watching anyway.""

Honored Contributor

I learned to cook watching Julia's programs. So wish I could have met her.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I love watching them and I record them. I really love the movie Julia/Julie and I own it and have watched it at least twenty five times or more! Her cooking shows are wonderful and I love her and Pauls' love story. A lot of good books have been written about them. I also have her cookbooks.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen her in ages, but she was one of a kind! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I loved the movie also. They had such a love story and she was such a pioneer. She truly paved the way!.

Frequent Contributor

She was a treasure. There will never be another Julia.

Julia Child on France, Fat, and Food on the Floor