Honored Contributor

I don't think that is odd at all. I only have a glass of wine once in a while when DH and I go out to eat. We don't even keep it in the house.  I think there are lots of people that way.

Trusted Contributor

Where did Kevin say these wines came from?  I didn't listen to all the presentation.  I know that Costco is a huge purchaser of wines and that they have many kinds at their store.  With that being said, I don't drink.  My dad was an alcoholic and now I'm on pain meds where I had to sign at agreement at pain mgmt not to drink (or do heroin, coke, marijuana -- even medical marijuana).  That's not to say I have tasted some or may have had a drink in the past. 

Honored Contributor

I believe he has his own vineyard.  They showed some pictures, one of him pruning a vine, and then others in the place where the barrels are and them tasting.  Also was a picture of him mixing wines.  One of his whites was a mixture.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

When it comes to alcoholic and even food products, I really don't care whether the hosts taste or not.  I understand why most do taste, but I don't learn anything from their tastings that influences my decision to buy or not. 

You made me laugh.  Really, has a host ever tasted something and not made the yummy taste or sound (or the happy dance which I actually hate)?  Wish David would go back to the yummy face.  

Valued Contributor

Kudos To Jill!!!

I too am one that doesn't get the point of Hoda and Kathy drinking wine on TV daily.

To me it is not a good role model to any person, especially the younger ones that may watch while out of school or whatever reason they are watching during that time.

The younger ones may think if it is acceptable to do on "Today/"TV" it will acceptable anywhere.

Valued Contributor

qvc chick.  It only has to start with one sip. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmm....my understanding is that wine is acceptable for those of drinking age. I am of age and enjoy it very much.

As for the reason for one host not to take a sip? Who knows? Maybe she wasn't feeling up to par? Or a number of other reasons. And although I know we can ponder everything under the sun here, who really cares?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't get the whole wine thing at all. And am bored silly listening to all the nonsense about it. I live in an area in WA state that has hundreds of wine rooms and wineries --one is Chateau ST Michelle, so in the summer, millions of $$ is being spent here. Good for our economy, I have to admit.  So I didn't watch any of the programming yesterday. I'm sure what was said the first time was said a hundred more times all day-----BORING!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Shogirl

Same goes for me.  But I do cook with good wine.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She could have been taking medication and didn't want to have any alcohol.  Could have been anything, who knows?