Valued Contributor

My father always told me that you never drink while on the job  Jill is there to focus and she doesnt want that to be lessened

Honored Contributor

Not sure how much more of the show she had to host, but I wouldn't start sipping wine either. She is on tv and she has to keep the ball rolling with a clear head. 

I realize it it is just a sip, but I don't remember how many times she had to present the wine. They were on an awful lot. And yes, I drink wine. 

Frequent Contributor

I bought the O'Leary TSV the last time, and the wines were just awful.  I can find a lot of wines around the same price point or a little higher that are much better.  Maybe Jill didn't sip it because she agrees.

Esteemed Contributor

If I had to guess -- it would be that Jill does not drink at all.  Her stating she likes white wine could either be a sales ploy, or maybe she does like it and just does not drink it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

If I had to guess -- it would be that Jill does not drink at all.  Her stating she likes white wine could either be a sales ploy, or maybe she does like it and just does not drink it.

Funny, but my guess would be just the opposite.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I should add that I've seen Jill taste wines during presentations of other wines in the past, and I've also heard her say that she likes whites.  So whatever the reason, it's not because she doesn't drink at all or that she doesn't drink while she's on air.

Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick The wine segment I saw with Jill she tasted each type Kevin had. She said she preferred a chardoney (sp?), but sipped each one including red.

Respected Contributor

Flushing from drinking wine is caused by being sensitive to the sulfates used as a preservative to keep it fresh. I also have this problem & turn beet red with a burning sensation that lasts for hours. Sulfates can also be found in prepared salads & lots of other items so always on the lookout to avoid them. Same with MSG.

Esteemed Contributor

Poor Dan should have quit tasting....lol   he got a bit silly after a while.......lov u Dan  <3

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

When it comes to alcoholic and even food products, I really don't care whether the hosts taste or not.  I understand why most do taste, but I don't learn anything from their tastings that influences my decision to buy or not. 

You made me laugh.  Really, has a host ever tasted something and not made the yummy taste or sound (or the happy dance which I actually hate)?  Wish David would go back to the yummy face.  

@Icegoddess I was thinking the same thing. It's not like the host is going to say anything other than this is the best _____ (whatever they are eating at the moment) they have ever eaten. Jill said last night she could do a whole hour on those Lecoq croissants.... Please don't give Q any ideas Jill.