Respected Contributor

It's August - Whats Cooking???

These months sure come around quickly. Cooler last night - thank goodness - but today is suppose to bring even more humidity and heat. Will be again about 10 degrees cooler than previous days, except yesterday, but with the humidity, you cannot tell it is cooler.

Had Subway sandwiches for dinner - yesterday was super busy and I had no time for cooking. Church, Funeral, getting girls back to San Bernardino and by then it was after 6 when I finished up - Subway here I come! As usual their sandwiches were good!!

OK people, stop by and let us hear from you.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's August - Whats Cooking???

To celebrate the last day of July -  Chinese take-out.  There's hot and sour soup leftover, so I think to celebrate the start of August, there will be a soup and salad dinner although I haven't imagined that salad yet.

It's lovely here this AM also and I happily cooked my 5-minute oatmeal for breakfast. Not ready to truly cook yet in the heat to come, but two meals are on my cooler-weather mind  --  meatloaf or baked chicken breast.  Both make good eating for me when I'm here alone, tasty without work.

Respected Contributor

Morning All, yes too hot to cook, going to put some Italian Sausage on the grill with some leftover pasta as a side.  Last nite was pot stickers & yellow rice so not really cooking but easy & fast.

@millieshops your cooking puts me to shame, don't know where you get all that energy.

@Winifred Thanx for the start, Subway sounds like a good idea with your heat, time to slow down

Hope all are staying cool

Trusted Contributor

13886422_739815079493200_7509526975287844652_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

Made a homemade taco salad for lunch today.  It was really good for Friday dinner so I thought I'd bring it out again for work.    

@Winifred  Love Subway!  I don't eat out much but, when I do, their tuna with provolone is my absolute favorite.  Shout out to the BMT too but that's a once in a blue moon treat.

Honored Contributor

Made some stuffed peppers. Used peppers, tomatoes, onions and garlic from my garden and ground beef from the 1/4 side of beef we got from last fall. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Hi! Not cooking. We are eating a lot of caprese salad with fresh basil, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella and a lot of chicken salad with grapes, celery, and pecans. If I feel motivated, I cook pasta and make pasta chicken salad, minus the nuts. Sometimes my dinner is simply sweet corn from a farm stand--picked fresh that morning and simply microwaved for 3 minutes.. Thanks to QVC, we have Corky's ribs once in awhile, heated from frozen in the nuwave oven. Breakfast is usually a smoothie with yogurt, blueberries, and hemp seeds. We're easy! 

Valued Contributor

Afternoon all,

Warm here, I had leftovers and ice cold watermelon for lunch.

Do want to buy some green beans and corn on the cob. Have a ham bone to toss in with the beans.

Emotional day as the auction house came for Nelson's car, mobility scooter, lawn mower, and wood working equipment. Hard to see it go but needed to be done.

Glad to see new faces here. I will try harder to post.

Respected Contributor

@Soushi24 glad you stopped by, & sorry you have to deal with all the "stuff" but it will end.  When I sold DH's car, I cried when the buyer gave me the check, he was so nice, said "you can forget it" I said no of course not, just hard to see it go as it was new & he was so proud of it, somehow we get thru it., does it make us stronger, I really don't know, but I do know a lot of "little" things don't bother me anymore as I've already been thru the mill

Hang in there girl, it will get less painful

Hugs

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy tuesday

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."