Occasional Contributor

Is QVC doing away with Le Creuset

I have purchased a few small side pieces while trying to decide on size and pan etc.  While doing so I have noticed colors being deleted rather than listed as Waitlist.  There are maybe one or two where it is mentioned that particular pan is retiring.  I'd hate to purchase one or two pieces only to have the line removed and no way to finish a set.  I also don't want to buy one color and be disappointed no other pieces can be found in same.  i have already noticed at least 3 pieces are no longer available.

Anybody have some insight?  possibly a new design coming in?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is QVC doing away with Le Creuset

Don't know about the Q.  However at a kitchen store, I was told that the colors offered do change.  The most popular and long standing are the Orange, the Cherry Red, and the Blue colors.  All others are fad of sort. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Save money......buy Farberware.......mine is 50 years old and like new,

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have 1 nice pot from Le Creuset and a skillet I received as a gift.   They are very nice cooks food better than any other brand/style.   I've had Revereware for 40 years and it still looks new and I love it for 95% of what I cook..   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you check Chefs.com or the websites of Sur la Table or Williams Sonoma, you will see many different LC colors not offered on QVC, and some colors that are unique to those stores.

For exxample, you will see burgundy/dark red, white, black, French gray, Ocean, etc.-- while red, flame orange, Soleil yellow and various shades of blue seem to be offered in most places, but the blues do seem subject to change over time.

I have two matching blue LC pots in a shade not offered these days, as far as I know.   Am not really interested in having all pots match, anyway.  I prefer selecting a limited color scheme of two or three colors that coordinate well and look good stored on open shelves in my kitchen, but have wound up with a real kaleidoscope of color anyway.  No problem.....they work no matter what color they are.

Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone here knows if QVC is getting rid ot Le Creuset but I tend to think not since they just had an enameled cast iron pot from them for a TSV. Regardless, you can buy it at many retail and online stores. QVC isn't the only option nor do they have the best prices on it. I own a lot of Le Creuset but I haven't bought any of it from QVC. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I do not think ayoe on the forums can answer QVC's future plans with Le Creuset.  They have sold it off and on for years.

The good news, though, is that this great cookware is available from a mutitude of cooking stores, so even if QVC were to stop sellng it, you will be able to add to your collection.

As another poster mentioned, the orange (the original color) tends to be available in everything as is the blue and red.  Some of the other colors are more limited.  While I can understand wanting to have all one color, my preference with Le Creuset is to have multiple pots in multiple colors.  I just like the mix and match look of my collection.

Respected Contributor

In the late 1970,s I bought my Mom and Dad a set of LeCreuset in dark brown...( anyone remember "earth" tones"?)

in the 80's I got myself a set in dark Hunter Green.. Used to live that color..now my color is that dark blue they don't make anymore..

i think that  7 piece set I bought my folks was the outrageous sum of about $199!!!!! Hey, that was a lot for me..I was still in college! Anyway, my folks still had it when they died in 2007!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker

An entire set in brown perfectly illustrates why I don't mind owning a bunch of colors.  I get bored easily, styles and tastes change, and I probably have what a psychiatrist would  call "indecisiveness and an inability to commit".  LOL

Honored Contributor

Decreasing availability may just mean they are selling out.  QVC wouldn't have a TSV and then impulsively drop the line.  I made this mistake with the beauty line Tatcha, hardly and stock was showing and I said I bet they were being discontinued.  Nope, they just were selling out quickly and the line even had another TSV.