Honored Contributor

Is Anyone Thinking Of Easter Dinner Yet?

I'm craving potato salad or pasta salad, deviled eggs, and fresh green beans.  We have grilled chicken SO much, that chicken wouldn't be a treat for DH at all.  Although I don't normally chose ham, I enjoy it when we have it.  I do like a ham sandwich especially with Swiss cheese and rye bread. 

Also, my family has favorite parings, and, well, you know!

Also, no one else cooks, so please don't suggest that, LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Thinking Of Easter Dinner Yet?

Nope!

Pearley, Jewish

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.   Stopped cooking Easter dinner when the kids moved out.

Honored Contributor

No. I don't celebrate Easter.

Honored Contributor

Yes; today I bought 8 cans of small, whole beets to make pickled eggs and beets for Easter.   I am leaning towards a turkey breast or boneless ribeye roast; both are in the freezer, and my family will decide what they are in the mood to eat.   

Respected Contributor

I'm doing a GF free version of David Venderable's Mac and Cheese from the Temtations page.  The family loves cheese, so this is perfect, but my nephew has a wheat allergy, so I'm going to do it with GF pasta.

Honored Contributor

I think I'll make a turkey breast, then I can have my favorite sandwich as a leftover. Turkey, lettuce, tomato and 🥓 on toast.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@ECBG, I think your menu sounds yummy....and familiar! Smiley LOL

When we were growing up, our mom always had a ham, her potato salad, & our very favorite homemade raisin bread that she only made once a year at Easter time.

My sis & I will be flying back east, and will be cooking dinner for our family there. We've been planning, and are going to try to recreate mom's meal for old times' sake. Easter-religious.jpg

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

yes, believe it or not since Christmas Day! My niece & new hubby are very excited to host a big family holiday in their new home. So I think every time we talk she & I discuss the menu (her first time cooking for a holiday), so we've discussed menu, desserts, place settings & more!

We are planning on doing the same as @sabatini (I'll have my son & GD visiting the week before then I'll fly home to NJ and be with my niece that weekend).

Our traditional has always been ham,deviled eggs, potato salad, candied yams (my fav), maybe 1 other main and some other sides. My grandmother always made Easter bread - so we are going to try to make it if time allows.

We are just excited for our new "hostess" and the kids Easter egg hunt (which is a tradition in our family!)

Happy Easter!🐇

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1Have you ever done sweet potatoes as candied yams with kahlua?  Oh my!  SUPER yum!