Trusted Contributor

It's the DUO60, 7 in 1, 6 qt. It has the SS insert and the yogurt setting. $78!!!!!

Honored Contributor

It's still there . . . please look for a link on their home page for Today's Deals and it will be and it's the second product on that page.

Honored Contributor

Wal-Mart has this model for $79 with free shipping. LATEST MODEL Instant Pot IP-LUX60-ENW Stainless Steel 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker with Mini Mitts.

Super Contributor

I looked at the cooking times on their web site, and I compared it to my WolfGang Puck I have had for 5 years

The Wolfgang Pressure cooker times are way faster, examples white rice, and brown rice.

Mine is non stick and I am very happy with it

from the InstantPot web site

Why doesn’t Instant Pot operate at 15psi?

The choice of a lower working pressure in Instant Pot is a trade-off of function and cost. The pressure cooker industry safety standard ANSI/UL-136 has a stress test case which requires no leaking at 5 times the working pressure. For 15psi cookers, this is 75psi; for 11.6psi Instant Pot, this is 58psi. The differences in material and construction are huge.  We could build an Instant Pot that operates at 15psi, but not at under $150 level. It would be more like $300~500 level and our research indicates that most people are not willing to buy in that price range.

On the other hand, operating at 10.15~11.6 psi only results in 7~15% increase in cooking time, i.e. about 3 more minutes in a 30 minute cooking. With the set-and-forget convenience, the extra cooking is more than tolerable.  Furthermore, thanks to the air-insulated housing, maintaining pressure for the extra time consumes very little electricity. Our study shows that Instant Pot uses less than half of electricity comparing with a stove-top on a electric range, taking the same length of time.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Milkbone, I have several WP products and love them so I am sure his PC is a winner as well.

I originally had a CE pressure cooker and while it worked fine I kept hearing about the Instant Pot and when I hit a great sale, I bought it and have never looked back.  I find the results much better than my previous PC and it is so simple to use.  I also wanted a SS interior and have no problems washing it out.

I don't know if I find the Instant Pot to be any slower than my original and I do realize it operates at a lower PSI than the recommended 15 but I have never felt that had a negative impact on the overall cooking time or quality of the food.

WP makes great products and I am glad that you are happy with your PC . . . I am waiting for him to return as I need another one of his small rice cookers as I literally use it every day . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior, Latest 3rd Generation Technology

4,583 customer reviews
| 1000+ answered questions
#1 Best Sellerin Kitchen & Dining

List Price: $234.95
Deal of the Day: $78.50 Free Shipping for Prime Members
Ends at 11:59 on 11-27-15
You Save: $156.45 (67%)
In Stock

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I visit the 'Big A' every day and noticed this deal.  It's not for me, but I thought of many of you here and am glad that somebody posted it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can't believe it's still available, that is such a great price on a newer model!

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Was curious, went to the Big A site, sat on the riverbank and examined several different models of the Instant Pot, where  the first one shown on the list is priced  at approx. $79 or so.  How does one know which model is best?  And I think I would want the stainless steel interior piece, which costs around $35 as an add-on.

Are you talking about the SS interior pot or something else?  It comes with the SS insert.

Honored Contributor

Who got the Instant Pot this year?

I adore my 7-1...use it almost every day to cook rice & potatoes.

Stainless steel was a BIG selling point.  

Highly recommend.

Note:

Facebook has a huge community for IP users.

Search for "InstaPot users..."