Occasional Contributor

Re: In the Kitchen with David show selling a $400 Dyson Vacuum

I agree, I purchase less and watch less.  Tuned in today because I was prepping veggies and chicken to go on the grill tonight!

Honored Contributor

why not? i use a vacuum in my kitchen almost daily!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

You are awaare that QVC exists to sell products?  It does not exist to entertain you or alleviate your boredom.

Why do so many on these bords think that QVC is something other than a retailer?  It is not.  It is not our friend.  It is not our family.  It is not our source of entertainment.

It sells stuff.  Period.

Valued Contributor

I can't even imagine wanting to spend $400 on a stick vacuum.  I think that a lot of people think if it's expensive, it must be better than what's already out there.

Honored Contributor

You sure never see them selling food in the middle of a Dyson show just like you never see clothing being sold in the middle of a Philosophy show.  Even QVC seems to have protocols they must follow.  It's all part of their infomercial format.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Anniecamp

The Dyson stick vacuum was on special sale last Christmas at BedBath&Beyond with a coupon for under $200.  

I have had had several regular vacs ( Oreck, etc ) and even the regular size Dyson.  Everyday I use the stick Dyson to go through the rancher:  takes less than 15 minutes with all my wall-to-wall carpeting.  The charge goes for at least 17 minutes.  For me, it was well worth the investment.

DH loves it because I can now keep both our cars clean, his more than mine, LOL.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Occasional Contributor

Respected Contributor

I no longer sit through the shows, I DVR them and fast forward through them later.  Too much of the same ole, same ole every time.

Consider those 15-20 minutes as a break to get something done around the house.  ;-)  

And yes, Q does know people watch also for entertainment not just to purchase.  I have heard the hosts say they know we do and they're happy to keep us company whenever we watch.  Of COURSE they are there to sell, but they know every single person out there isn't purchasing every product they offer.  Nothing wrong with watching it for entertainment. 

Honored Contributor

@mickey10 wrote:

@mickey10  He's a purebred collie who died suddenly last November.  About 3 months ago I adopted a rescue purebred sheltie who is also a tri colored, sort of a mini-me of my big dog.  I had a mini Aussie that was a blue merle.

2016-04-11 01.44.15.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Kachina624, So sorry for your loss, I had a blue merle sheltie that did that.