Honored Contributor

Re: In The Kitchen With David

I like BBB, too, but I think a huge percentage of what they sell is priced 20% higher than it should be so I won't buy anything when I'm there unless I have  a  coupon for each.

Respected Contributor

I have some volunteer work on Saturdays, so have only seen a few minutes of Mary's show. My question is, considering the fact that David's show (which I can only watch on mute) has few, if any, new products to offer, how can they find products of interest for two shows.  I like Mary and would watch her over David, given the chance. But I don't need to be bored with same old, same old  twice a week.  I do appreciate QVC offering another choice in hosts, however.

One more thought. The woman who now represents KitchenAid is impossible to lissten to.  Her voice is like nails on a blackboard to me.

Surely KitchenAid must be able to find a rep. who is easier on the ears.

I miss Laura.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITKWD is just about the only show I keep on.  I had not planned to order anything today, but they had a 5-tier rolling rack which will fit perfectly in one of my closets.  I am glad I watched the show because there is no picture on line so I would not have paid any attention to it.

I have been on Amazon today and checked out some of the manual spiralizers and there are quite a few with lots of great references including the OXO one.

P.S.:  @MKR14  Let us know how you like the OXO spiralizer when you get it.

Valued Contributor

I am really trying to understand what is annoying about new kitchenaid reps voice. I find her very good at demonstrating and her recipes are pretty good ones. 

Honored Contributor

@Jillane wrote:

I agree, same old same old! They do need to get some new stuff.

I also agree.  Sometimes I record the show and then delete it after watching a short time since it is all the same stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I just went on Bed Bath and Beyond site and bought the OXO spiralizer. I had a 20% coupon and got free shipping as it was over $29.99. The reviews were really good and it is not electric so if my speed isn't fast enough I only can blame myself. 😃

I do enjoy making some of my vegetables using the spiralizer and I just bought Marion Getz new book. Who knows if QVC will even carry it. Thanks for reminding me of BBB as we used to have one in our area but it closed a few years ago. The nearest one is 30 miles away now. It is a great store and I miss it here.

I bought Wolfgang's spiralizer and will try it this week.  So far I've read that many are returning it.  If I find it doesn't work out for me, I'll check out the OXO at BBB. 

Super Contributor

I too am finding ITKWD horribly boring lately. Same ol', same ol' with maybe one or two 'new' items tossed in. But for me, what makes it even more boring is David's predictable dialogue, predictable 'happy dance' and lately to me is seems like he talks incredibly fast and has become more pushy. It's like he tries to make the viewer feel like they need a $400+ blender or their life is not complete. And yes, I know obviously many have and love the Vitamix, but he seems to try to make you feel like you are not part of 'the cool kids' club' if you don't have one. He just seems to have gotten really pushy lately. Maybe since Mary has her own show he is trying to one-up her with the sales. It is actually making me want to wait til Mary's show to purchase the item, if I even purchase it at all. 

I get that QVC pushes this stuff because obviously it 'works' for them, and their sales are obviously there to repeat this stuff week after week. David often mentions how many 'new' shoppers they have, and now they are really pushing the Q card with that $5.00 rebate or whatever the heck it is (big whoop, really, $5.00???).

The Kitchenaid chick does not bother me, but she still seems very nervous each time she is on. I think she does decent presentations and she knows her stuff. I wonder if her nervousness is inflicted in her voice somehow?  Maybe once she feels more confident her voice won't 'crack' or whatever it does or she won't be as high-pitched or whatever and will speak more comfortably.   

But for me David seems to be rush-rush-rush-rush anymore, and that for me makes it as hard to watch and as much as if not more irritating than the repeats of repeats of products. Lately he sounds like an auctioneer with how fast he talks. Not always, but often. 

But hey, he has his legions of fans and he sells like the wind, so chances are the Q is going to stick with what 'works'. Hopefully/eventually Mary's show will have different items on. At least she talks at a relaxed pace and not so fast and so pushy that she stumbles over her words. 

Esteemed Contributor

@msh8970 wrote:

I too am finding ITKWD horribly boring lately. Same ol', same ol' with maybe one or two 'new' items tossed in. But for me, what makes it even more boring is David's predictable dialogue, predictable 'happy dance' and lately to me is seems like he talks incredibly fast and has become more pushy. It's like he tries to make the viewer feel like they need a $400+ blender or their life is not complete. And yes, I know obviously many have and love the Vitamix, but he seems to try to make you feel like you are not part of 'the cool kids' club' if you don't have one. He just seems to have gotten really pushy lately. Maybe since Mary has her own show he is trying to one-up her with the sales. It is actually making me want to wait til Mary's show to purchase the item, if I even purchase it at all. 

I get that QVC pushes this stuff because obviously it 'works' for them, and their sales are obviously there to repeat this stuff week after week. David often mentions how many 'new' shoppers they have, and now they are really pushing the Q card with that $5.00 rebate or whatever the heck it is (big whoop, really, $5.00???).

The Kitchenaid chick does not bother me, but she still seems very nervous each time she is on. I think she does decent presentations and she knows her stuff. I wonder if her nervousness is inflicted in her voice somehow?  Maybe once she feels more confident her voice won't 'crack' or whatever it does or she won't be as high-pitched or whatever and will speak more comfortably.   

But for me David seems to be rush-rush-rush-rush anymore, and that for me makes it as hard to watch and as much as if not more irritating than the repeats of repeats of products. Lately he sounds like an auctioneer with how fast he talks. Not always, but often. 

But hey, he has his legions of fans and he sells like the wind, so chances are the Q is going to stick with what 'works'. Hopefully/eventually Mary's show will have different items on. At least she talks at a relaxed pace and not so fast and so pushy that she stumbles over her words. 

I guess we all see things differently.  David is one of the few QVC hosts I can watch.  I don't watch QVC very much anymore, but when I do, it's ITKWD.  I haven't noticed that he talks quickly or that he's hard-sell.  I think he does a great job - not pushy, always pleasant, and he lets the vendor talk.  He also doesn't get caught up in personal stories at the expense of giving information about the product.

I'm not a fan of Mary.  She may very well be a nice person, but she seems too forced and unnatural to me.  Not authentic at all.  I would far prefer to watch David, and would never watch QVC specifically to see Mary.

Honored Contributor

I find the criticisms of the KA lady to be rather ironic, since to me, her voice is remarkably similar to Laura's.  I think she's doing an excellent job and I enjoy watching her presentations.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@sissel  If you haven't erased Sunday's airing  of ITKWD from your DVR, perhaps you might be able to obtain the recipe for Italian Bananas Foster that beach mom put up a post for in the Recipe Forum.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor
beach-mom

Anyone have the recipe for Italian Bananas Foster on ITKWD?

It was just on. I was ready to write it down, but he went so fast. I saw it before, and it looks great. I have regular Bananas Foster, but the Italian one has something extra.

Does anyone know where I can find it? (I'm not on FB)

.  Thanks.