Honored Contributor

You can shop the show here.

Looks like lots and lots of prepared foods, in which I have no interest, but since I have a huge pile of ironing to do, I'll likely watch anyway.

Two curious items in the show: a set of containers that look like L&L, but aren't and a set of bakeware that looks like Temptations, but isn't.

click and close.jpeg

CE bakeware.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the link.  It certainly looks like Q's come up with its own in-house versions of Lock & Lock and Temptations. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I can continue to watch, rather listen, to poor David.  He should be home in bed!  

Honored Contributor

I'll peek in at the show now and then, but I can't listen to David struggling through this show with laryngitis.  How unfortunate for him to come down with it on such a big kitchen day. I hope he feels better soon.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I didn't notice anything different about his voice.  And, now that you mentioned it, I still don't!

Honored Contributor

Well, before he got his cup of tea he really did sound awful.   IT was definitely tough and I considered stopping to watch because it was almost painful.   The tea seemed to make all the difference.  Now he sounds normal.  

Honored Contributor

I just saw the bakeware set that HouseCat mentioned.  I have to give it to them - it's not anywhere near as, um, aesthetically unappealing (nicest terms I can think of for what I really think) as the Temptations.

Granted, I still won't buy stoneware from China as a rule, but if I had to choose between this and TT, this would get my vote (if I HAD to).  Smiley Happy

I saw the plasticware that she also mentioned, the other day, and it looked extremely cheap.  For just a little less than L&L anyway, I'd definitely stick with L&L.

Super Contributor

Re: ITKWD - Sunday 3/26

[ Edited ]

I agree about the Cook's Essential's looking more appealing (on-air) than Temptations. I can't say what CE looks like in-person, though. But the Temptations quality control seems so hit and miss, hopefully CE is better. I missed the presentation, is the Cook's Essentials version made in China? Bummer if so. 

But at any rate, the shipping fees keeps me from ordering the CE. $7.50 shipping, and if I should have to return it, I pay return shipping. That is $15.00 I would be out of, and no product. So that is why I am saying 'no thanks' to the Cook's Essentials.

As far as Temptations, yes, between the seeming lack of quality control and the designs just do not appeal to me, it is easy to say no thanks to them, as well. They need to come up with new designs, Old World is getting tiresome and Floral Lace as well. But I guess it worls for them,  though, because they seem to stick with it.