Frequent Contributor

Re: IF you watched QVC in the 1990's, DO (or did!) you have a Nesco Roaster?

I still have my 6 quart and 18 quart and we do use them.  The 18quart has really come in handy when my husband works a pancake breakfast as well as when there is a large family gathering.  I'll be using the 6 quart this coming week, my oven is having a problem.

Honored Contributor

I have 4 and 6 qt Nescoes, both in turquoise.  I'd like to be rid of them as they're taking up valuable real estate and I never use them.  Mrs. Olson did great presentations.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I do have one, can't remember where I bought it, but not from QVC. It's huge, takes up a whole shelf in one of my laundry room cabinets. Probably the 18 qt. size. I don't use it often, but it still comes in handy for large gatherings. Have any of you used it to cook large quantities of corn on the cob? Works great for that too!
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yup! I have the 18qt and the 6qt oval.

Down the road I purchased a convection lid for the 18qt.  I think they sold those at the Nesco website but, last I saw, they stopped offering it.  

That is what I wanted, as I do take a lot of food out to dinners, and it would be handy.......Hate when they did away with the convection aspect.........

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

I would like to have a new insert for my 4 and 6 qt. I use them weekly! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@forrestwolf wrote:

I really hate when she hurt her back, and was out some, and then finally never returned.........I would buy a Nesco now, if they had the RoastAire (SP?) that turned it into a convection oven as well.....Yeah.....she was pleasant with all of the personalities, and Bob and Steve hawked a lot of them back in the days........Woman Happy

And you know, I never got tired of watching her or her presentation.  I am so tired of the QVC retreads I very rarely watch anymore but I would always make it a point to watch Virginia.

We had a bigger one which would gently heat the ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  My mom would make a ham, stuff a turkey and cook a pork roast so we needed all the room we could get.

I remember her eyeing up one of those convection lids.  I can't imagine what stopped us from getting one . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Fun stories and YES the 6 qt. ones make wonderful roasted chickens.  I always wanted an 8 qt. oval one, which would have been the perfect size for us, but they never made one!  

Were they American made?  I can't remember and right now can't get to mine because of the car in the garage blocking my path!  (Don't laugh.  At least the car is IN the garage. . . Woman Wink)

Honored Contributor

Yes, made in Wisconsin.

Super Contributor

The Nesco roaster and KA mixer were my favorite wedding gifts in 1998.  I am on my second or third 6 quart nesco.  It's great for cutting your cook time on a roast.  I now get mine at Fleet Farm ( I think Fleet Farms are only in Minnesota and Wisconson).

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I toyed with buying often and always decided that given my lifestyle, it would be a ridiculous purchase for me.

Nowadays, it's the Vitamix I watch and want.  I really don't appreciate that they show it so often -- because it just makes me want one even more.  Do NOT enable me, please.