Honored Contributor

Re: I wish I could send my KA mixer back to the factory for a paint job.

@nomless wrote:

If you're brave, apparently you can repaint it yourself using appliance paint.  I did a Google search for "repaint kitchenaid stand mixer" and a bunch of pages came up with instructions about how to do it.  Results in photos look great.  Who knew?

I would really be afraid I'd make a mess of it.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

If you're brave, apparently you can repaint it yourself using appliance paint.  I did a Google search for "repaint kitchenaid stand mixer" and a bunch of pages came up with instructions about how to do it.  Results in photos look great.  Who knew?

I would really be afraid I'd make a mess of it.

Just bring it to an auto paint shop. It's inexpensive and will last a long time.

Honored Contributor

I would retire it, and purchase a new model in the color of my choosing with the new attachments, especially at the TSV price today. 

Honored Contributor

It would be interesting to know what they would charge. mine has a lot of chrome so there would be a lot of prep work for them.

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

I would retire it, and purchase a new model in the color of my choosing with the new attachments, especially at the TSV price today. 

On many levels I would never do that! 1. it was my Mothers 2. They don't make them this well any more 3. I don't just throw away hundreds of dollars when I don't need to.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

On many levels I would never do that! 1. it was my Mothers 2. They don't make them this well any more 3. I don't just throw away hundreds of dollars when I don't need to.

If that's the case, display it and use it and be proud of it the way it is.   Isn't that the whole point that it is old?

Honored Contributor

Buy a pretty cover for it from etsy.  I bet you can even find a vendor who will do a custom cover for it, if you really want that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

You guys are AMAZING!  What great ideas.  I never would have thought of them.  This is why I love to read posts here.

Respected Contributor

We have what is apparently a more valuable mixer than my more recent Kitchen Aid.  I have an older Hobart mixer - white - and in almost perfect shape.  Works like clockwork, and doesn't have a scratch on it.  I only bought a newer one for the variety of beaters and later I bought the glass bowl.  After looking around I am amazed at what the old Hobart is worth.

Honored Contributor

The Crome trim won't cause a problem or excessive prep work.  It will just be taped off before it is painted.