Honored Contributor

I am DELIGHTED with the new America's Test Kitchen!

I am so happy with this new America's Test Kitchen!  We don't have to put up with the silliness, and I don't to wonder how come some man who doesn't do anything has to stand over the very smart and competent WOMEN and watch every move they make and make silly comments!

I feel like they give us more instructions and information about the food in a straightforward way and it is easier to get what they are doing without the constant interruptions!  The science was still there, but they made short work of it--and I think that's appropriate!  I like to have some idea but don't want a lecture.

I can't wait to see more of the staff on this show shine in ways they deserve and be treated like adults and smart people!

Honored Contributor

Re: I am DELIGHTED with the new America's Test Kitchen!

While I admire wat Kimball created, I won't miss him. He always struck me as a bitter dissatisfied man. His condescending attitude was off putting to me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

While I admire wat Kimball created, I won't miss him. He always struck me as a bitter dissatisfied man. His condescending attitude was off putting to me.

You put some descriptive words to my thoughts!  He just always set my teeth on edge (and I'm pretty laid back about people normally) but yes, what you said makes sense to me.  He just seemed like he was looking down on the "help."  

I'm so happy for the other people on the show!  

Respected Contributor

where did he go?   I didn't know anything changed.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner Thanks for posting this.

I haven't seen the show in a while and I didn't know they made changes.

I will check it out!

Wow Chris Kimball is out?

I won't miss him lol.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

where did he go?   I didn't know anything changed.

I understand that they could't come to terms on his contract. Then Kimball went on to create another operation called Milk Street. Now he is being sued by ATK, and recently his ex wife.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I haven't caught any new episodes yet but ATK was always a favorite of cooking shows. Chris didn't bother me at all and I do enjoyed Bridget and Julia very much. Best of luck that the show will continue.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We don't get it where I live in Fl. but I watch when we are in Pitts. for the summer. Like everyone else , I think it will be a better show without his attitude.

Valued Contributor

I met him at a book store presentation. Very cold and unfriendly when I asked him a question. He seemed to belittle everyone on the show. Glad he's gone along with his silly bowtie!

Valued Contributor

He's still on on the episodes I'm getting, when and where are these new episodes? I watch it at 11 pm.