Honored Contributor

Re: I am DELIGHTED with the new America's Test Kitchen!

I saw the first new one I've seen today--this morning, and it started with a stew recipe and a good explanation of cuts of meat for stew.  I thought the whole thing was more relaxed and the segments not so chopped up, and the long intro seemed shorter.

I hope it goes well for all the employees there!   It is pretty much the same format, and it's funny when you see it because Chris took up a lot more time than I had realized.

Didn't know he was divorced or being sued, but the Milk Street Mag is the same as the old one he put out. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks Sooner, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Honored Contributor

It's funny because I didn't realize how annoying his interruptions were to me. . . and how really good at talking you through a recipe the ladies really are.  They simply don't need his input. 

Respected Contributor

The new season started last week. Check out the ATK( Americas Test Kitchen) website and watch clips from the new season.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I saw the first new one I've seen today--this morning, and it started with a stew recipe and a good explanation of cuts of meat for stew.  I thought the whole thing was more relaxed and the segments not so chopped up, and the long intro seemed shorter.

I hope it goes well for all the employees there!   It is pretty much the same format, and it's funny when you see it because Chris took up a lot more time than I had realized.

Didn't know he was divorced or being sued, but the Milk Street Mag is the same as the old one he put out. 

I found all of this out when I googled him. He divorced his wife and shortly after married a woman half his age, I think she was his assistant. The first wife is suing him over her settlement, which is somehow tied to the business. This is mean but I don't know how he got 2 woman to marry him.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I agree about not missing his supervisor persona.  My only wish is that the online membership came with the magazine subscription.   

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I agree about not missing his supervisor persona.  My only wish is that the online membership came with the magazine subscription.   

@Free2beI agree!  It is the only cookin' show I know where you have to sign up to get the recipes.  I simply won't do it.  Although I did waffle and bought the cookbook with the first 17 years of reipes.  I figure it came out because of some legal issues. . . 

@QVCkitty1  Yes I agree.  Never really thought of him as a "hottie" either.  Now he comes up with a trophy wife.  And an assistant?  OH my!!!  Who knoew?  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I found all of this out when I googled him. He divorced his wife and shortly after married a woman half his age, I think she was his assistant. The first wife is suing him over her settlement, which is somehow tied to the business. This is mean but I don't know how he got 2 woman to marry him.

@QVCkitty1 you better sit down as he is actually on wife number 3 . . . apparently he is big on picking out the next wife whlle still married to the current one . . . I don't get it either.

I like the new show.  It is different without him but for me that is not a bad thing.  I wish them much luck as this has always been one of my favorite cooking shows along with Martha's.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 you better sit down as he is actually on wife number 3 . . . apparently he is big on picking out the next wife whlle still married to the current one . . . I don't get it either.

I like the new show.  It is different without him but for me that is not a bad thing.  I wish them much luck as this has always been one of my favorite cooking shows along with Martha's.

@momtochloe, Number 3 , oh my! Well as my dad always said, " there is no accounting for taste". LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan