Esteemed Contributor

I Wore Out My NuWave Pro oven!

Last night I finally resorted to applying thin strips of

heavy duty duct tape to the cracks in my NuWave Pro oven dome.

The dome crack spiraled all the way around, and finally separated. The duct tape strips holding the dome together look ridiculous, but it works.

I use my NuWave oven daily. If I had to choose between my kitchen stove and my NuWave oven, I'd give up my kitchen stove.

My NuWave is an older model. They want almost as much for a replacement Pro dome only, as for a whole new ProPlus model. 

The dome on the newer model is treated and tinted to deal with the buildup of heat and resist cracks.  

Have any of you NuWave oven owners had issues with dome cracks on the new ProPlus model? 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Wore Out My NuWave Pro oven!

@x Hedge  Too bad I couldn't have given you the one I put in the garbage after it came on by itself in the middle of the night and was extremely hot when I found it in the morning. I won't buy another; got a Breville Convection Oven instead and like it much better. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The ProPlus does have that delayed start setting my old Pro doesn't have, and I don't need. But my microwave has a delayed start, and I always have to be sure I didn't tap it accidentally.

I have a stainless convection oven I used daily until I got the NuWave. The NuWave is faster. It's easier to check the progress of cooking food. (Even thru the duct tape.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, when mine bit the dust, I bought the Fa-gor Halogen oven- ( no hyphen, but the censors  wont let me spell the actual name)I love it SO much! if you love the NuWave, you owe it to yourself to try this one, it far surpasses the Nu Wave

Respected Contributor

Hedge, I can't say I've had good luck with NuWave appliances, but there is a silver lining.....

It has never failed: in general when I buy a small appliance, within a short time, I always see a better made appliance with more features.

I always have fun shopping for a new appliance!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

FOLLOW UP:

THE NuWAVE OVEN PRO PLUS is the Big Deal of the day on Q2. I  just ordered a new one.

For 2 months I've been adding more and more duct tape to my old NuWave to hold it together so I can still use it daily. What an embarrassment! 

So glad for the Big Deal price. This is about $20bucks less for the Pro Plus than I paid years ago for the Pro on the main channel.

Honored Contributor

K45531

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@x Hedge  Too bad I couldn't have given you the one I put in the garbage after it came on by itself in the middle of the night and was extremely hot when I found it in the morning. I won't buy another; got a Breville Convection Oven instead and like it much better. 

OH BOY!  You need to keep that appliace and any other small appliance with a heating element unplugged when not in use.  There are a great source of fire hazards including hair tools like dryers and irons.  They may be auto off, but they do come back on and if anything is around of a pet/child knocks them off, you will come home to a burnt house.  This happened to my cousin.  Thankfully, the fire was limited to the bathroom, but ever since then, all small appliances are unplugged, toaster, coffee maker, flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer, everything.......

Super Contributor

We definitely use our NuWave more than the oven and probably more than the microwave. I just bought a new one last Saturday because ours stopped getting hot. When I saw the deal today, I decided to get a spare. The included extras helped me click the order button. 

Honored Contributor

When I saw one of the functions on the Nu Wave was convection oven, I wish I had gotten it instead of my air fryer.  Seems move compact and versatile.