Honored Contributor

Hypothetically I've lost my mind and want to make the Fattylicious casserole . . .

That post has so many pages I'm afraid my question will get lost. What size package of tater tots will absorb all that soup and fat?
Honored Contributor

Re: Hypothetically I've lost my mind and want to make the

@depglass wrote:
That post has so many pages I'm afraid my question will get lost. What size package of tater tots will absorb all that soup and fat?

When that's the question, it might be time to stop and rethink. But if not, doesn't the recipe say how many tater tots are needed? This recipe for a tater-tot casserole calls for a 32-oz package of tater tots, but I don't know if it's the same recipe you're using.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tater-tots-casserole/?mxt=t06dda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hypothetically I've lost my mind and want to make the

dep, as ChynnaB stated, the recipe calls for a 32 ounce bag.  When I modified it to make it lighter for an adult crowd, I used baked Tots, not fried.  I also substituted healthy options for the fatty, salty items.

It was a bust.  The Tots smashed, the cheese layer didn't have any flavor.  Amazingly enough, it went over very well, but I knew what it was supposed to taste like.

Please make sure you are feeding 4 people when you make this!  Enjoy!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Re: Hypothetically I've lost my mind and want to make the Fattylicious casserole . . .

I'm intrigued about this recipe.  Did a search on this site, but didn't see it pop up.  Can you share or direct me to the recipe you want to make?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hypothetically I've lost my mind and want to make the Fattylicious casserole . . .

• 1 package Ore-Ida® Tater Tots
  • 1 cup Ore-Ida® Chopped Onions
  • 2 Cream Of Chicken Soup
  • 8 ounces Cream Cheese Softened
  • 1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
  • 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
  • 6 ounces Stuffing Mix Herb Seasoned
  • 1/4 cup Butter Melted
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place Tater Tots and Onions into bottom of baking dish.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together soup, cream cheese and sour cream. Spoon evenly over Tater Tot mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Top evenly with stuffing mix and drizzle with melted butter.
  3. Bake uncovered for 60 to 70 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Thanks....might try when I need some "comfort" food!