Honored Contributor

Re: Hubby is poking fun at me because of this thing that I do.. do you do it, too?

Vacation - definitely! I like coming back to something orderly and clean. Overnight - no. This is for me and not because I won't come back. That is morbid.

Regular Contributor

Re: Hubby is poking fun at me because of this thing that I do.. do you do it, too?

No--I'm not like you at all...Although I don't ever like to come home to a messy house...it's the last thing I think about when I'm going away! I have never once, not ever, considered what my house would look like if I didn't return. The only thing I ever thought was--if anything ever did happen to me--I'd hate to be the one that has to get rid of all my stuff! My hubby, on the other hand, is much neater than I am--but I try!

Regular Contributor

I vacuum my way out the door (usually wearing high heels)! My hubby waits with the luggage in the car. I cannot leave the house if it is not clean. Nice to come home to a nice clean house, also. I admit I am a germ phob and clean freak-my hubby calls me "little Martha" (as in Stewart).

Honored Contributor

Yes, I always clean the house when I go away. I just got back from a trip and spent two weekends preparing the house. My neighbor stops in twice a day to feed the cat and knowing that puts me into overdrive.
Respected Contributor

I always clean, too. I just don't want to come home to a mess. I don't think about something happening to me.....

Regular Contributor

Well this is my goal! And I usually fall short and it bothers me really bad. I have time management issues. I will start something, like the bathroom, then get all the sheets off the beds and throw them in the washer and instead of going back to the bathroom I start the kitchen! What the? Not making excuses but I have add and I think that doesn't help. Especially since I won't put myself on the meds. But what your hubby teases you about is my dream come true! Lol
Honored Contributor

My BFF & I have a pact....if either one of us is not coming home (ever), it is our job to immediately go to said residence, wash the dishes in the sink...and erase browser history! Ha.

Super Contributor

Strip all beds so can air out Empty all trash Get all dishes in dw. If dont have a chance to do a whole clean, i will run through a rinse and wash when i come home. I do try and not buy any more groceries than we will use if i know we are going to be gone, so i will check out the ref.
Esteemed Contributor

I do the same thing. Mostly for the second reason you stated. I think that's partly why I always say that I don't like to travel. There's just too much ""getting ready"".

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I don't do a thing to my house...I just walk out the door!