Honored Contributor

How will you be cooking your corned beef?

I've used slow cookers, pressure cooker........this year I may slow roast.

Mine is always good, but what's your FAVORITE way?

Respected Contributor

Re: How will you be cooking your corned beef?

Pressure Cooker

Made one from Costco already last month.  By the time it was done, you looked at it and said "where's the beef?".   This years was not as good as the corned beef I got last year from Costco, tougher, huge shrinkage and overall the flavor wasn't there (and yes, the spice packet was in there)

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I've used slow cookers, pressure cooker........this year I may slow roast.

Mine is always good, but what's your FAVORITE way?

We have the ShopRite low sodium. I buy those because ther's plenty enough salt for the Corning process, and I can get a little jazzier with the spice packet.

Sorry you were disappointed with yours.

Trusted Contributor

I've only made it once, it was a greasy mess and threw it out.

BUT. One of the local pizza shops makes a Ruben pizza year round. YUM

Respected Contributor

The best corned beef recipe...bar none...perfect every time...

Corned Beef

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg   

Thanks for this recipe.  I try a different recipe each time I cook corned beef.  All have been good, some better than others.  Might try this method next week.  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL!!

Respected Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan, you are certainly welcome.  I buy my flat-cut corned beef at a local market that specializes in meat, and I do think where you buy your corned beef makes a difference.  This recipe is by a personal chef, and it is so tender and good!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

The best corned beef recipe...bar none...perfect every time...

Corned Beef

Remarkable! Oven roasting was the reason for my question, because I didn't have the recipe. THIS is what I will try this year.

THANK YOU @Ainhisg!!!!!!!🌈🍀☘️

Honored Contributor

That recipe does look very good, however, for me there are too many steps to go thru. Hands/fingers don't work well and I broke my wrist in January, so the easier the better for me. Am going to use my pressure cooker. Found a recipe that makes more sense than one I used before. Love me some corned beef!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I made one on Tuesday, although I should have waited for the sales. The thing costs a fortune!

I put it in the slow cooker with pickling spices, the seasoning packet, a head of garlic, about a tablespoon of brown sugar and enough water to cover. Cooked on low for six hours. I took it out, added carrots to the broth and made a brown sugar and yellow mustard topping to put on the corned beef and put it in a hot oven(350 degrees) for 15 to 20 minutes till golden brown on top. I cooked the cabbage in bacon fat adding crushed bacon on top. I mashed the potatoes after boiling with garlic and added Kerrygold herbed butter and milk to them. We also had Irish soda bread. It was delicious! I'll make another for St. Patrick's Day.Smiley Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran