Honored Contributor

How do you store your plastic containers?

I have limited space and have yet to find a solution that allows for easy access.

How do you store your plastic storage containers?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: How do you store your plastic containers?

image.jpegI use small cardboard boxes to segregate/store the lids.  Make sure there is a lid for every container.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Super Contributor

image.jpeg

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Valued Contributor

I store mine pretty much the same why.  There is no perfect solution.  I also have some packed away in the closet to use during holidays when there may be more containers needed.  You can buy sets from lock and lock and maybe other places that fit into one another.  The hassle there is to get at the smaller ones you have to take all of thelm apart.

Valued Contributor

on the ceiling???lol just kidding!

Trusted Contributor

The lids are always a problem, so I store them in a seperate container. It seems to work for me until I find a better solution.Smiley Tongue

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I'm slowly ridding myself of plastic containers that don't nest inside each other with the lids on. I detest tumbling stacks of odd containers and lids.

I have a couple of sets that don't nest with the lids on, but all the lids are the same size for an entire stack of containers, so they aren't too much of a mess.

Even my glass Pyrex containers have to have some nestablility for me to be keeping them.

I have one cupboard for plastic and glass storage containers not currently in use (the ones that are used for lunches, or small amounts of leftovers etc.) and when it is full (I keep it well organized), I don't purchase anything new in that size range, unless I'm willing to move some of the older ones out of the house.

My bigger Lock and Locks are either in use, or stacked on shelving in the basement until needed for more bulk storage.

I don't know what happens with the rest of you, but I find times where my vast collection is almost entirely in use, then times where I feel over run with empty containers. And it cycles like that sometimes. Those 'over run' times are what has prompted me to switch over to the completely nestable with lids on only lines.

Honored Contributor

I have a big plastic bin that they all go into. I got them out of the cabinets and I'm much happier. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I have one drawer that I use for my containers. I found that if I keep to one shape that I can fit more in the drawer and it's less hassle. Rectangles works for me. Once I started to combine square and bowls it was a mess.

I like baskets and samller size trunks so I have some of the jumbo sizes in those things. I only use those sizes for holiday and seasonal ccoking/baking.  I store those in the bottom of my buffet or the shlef in m hall closet.

Honored Contributor

Nesting with lids underneath the stack the same as your but just not "upside down"Woman LOL

Right now I have quite a few in a big box to take to my son's on Memorial Day since I have come home with so many from his monthly luncheons he cooks for us.  My last visit with my leftovers he had to scramble to find good plastic to send with me.  So I am clearing it out of my kitchen and even sending extra.  I did not realize how much I had accumulated and some were missing lids or just cracked/broken.  Trash time.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."