Respected Contributor

Re: Here it is February 2017 ALREADY!!! What's Cooking in your House

No cooking last night. Spent 3 hours at Urgent Care with the tiny one - Ricky asleep in the car and Uncle Davy babysitting him. Then to the pharmacy to pick up script for Leah - they could find no record of insurance for her. Still have no clue how that happened as while she has not used much there, she has been to the emergency room - no problem, etc. At any rate she is on Tylenol and Motrin - use alternately - amoxillin (sp) for 14 days. Cannot spell or pronounce what her problem is. She did NOT sleep well last night. Am really exhausted. The MD said her ears were really inflamed - think I may be coming down with the same thing - do not feel good at all - great day ahead. But at any rate stopped at Del Taco lasst night after the pharmacy and came home with food.  Ricky ate his own Taco AND mine. LOL.

BEV - sure do miss you here and several others also. Wish you ALL would come on back. Also with the original author of this thread would return aka Rabbit..

Honored Contributor

Last night I fixed my favorite salad for me, mashed avocado mixed in with baby arugula, lemon juice, and salt.  For DH, it was linguini with clams, the easy way, using canned clams bought at Costo, huge tall can, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt/pep, and this time since I had a small amount of the red clam sauce leftover from the pizza, put that in.  I could eat that as a soup, forget the pasta. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

No cooking last night. Spent 3 hours at Urgent Care with the tiny one - Ricky asleep in the car and Uncle Davy babysitting him. Then to the pharmacy to pick up script for Leah - they could find no record of insurance for her. Still have no clue how that happened as while she has not used much there, she has been to the emergency room - no problem, etc. At any rate she is on Tylenol and Motrin - use alternately - amoxillin (sp) for 14 days. Cannot spell or pronounce what her problem is. She did NOT sleep well last night. Am really exhausted. The MD said her ears were really inflamed - think I may be coming down with the same thing - do not feel good at all - great day ahead. But at any rate stopped at Del Taco lasst night after the pharmacy and came home with food.  Ricky ate his own Taco AND mine. LOL.

BEV - sure do miss you here and several others also. Wish you ALL would come on back. Also with the original author of this thread would return aka Rabbit..

@Winifred  I hope baby girl is doing better. Smiley Happy  I know what it's like to take a child to emergency care, we had to take DD once, but no thanks to her pediatrician's office until the last person I spoke to in the early evening.  I knew she was sick, and I kept calling, and when asked if DD's hand were cold, and I replied very, I was told to take her to the emergency room.  Very scary when a little one is sick.

Honored Contributor

Image result for have a wonderful day

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I truly did NOT feel up to it but it was Ricky's BD yesterday. Fixed him some sweet and sour chicken - he LOVES it - and mixed WOK veggies. He ate well. The little girl had some noodles but not the other food. I was excited to get some noodles in her. She slept better last night but still not all night. Bless her. Mercy me she has a lot of meds to take and she does NOT like any of them. I understand that. By the way, Ricky is having his official BD party this coming Sunday at Sherry's home. My place is not big enough for people. It sits on an acre of land but when I say not big enough I mean I no longer have a bunch of outside chairs - only own 6 which is normally just fine. House is already cluttered due to so many people here it just was not right.

Have to take Davey to school in about 50 minutes, I just dread that trip. We lost our buses about 6 years ago and have detested the school trips since then - it is a nightmare.

Have no clue what is for today's dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Image result for dancing gifs animated

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

sweet and sour chicken is really good.was having leftovers yestauday but when ria came home from getting her hair cut and colored she was saying that they picked up grinders from a sub shop and it sounded really good so we ended up getting an italian grinder and ria got chicken salad. both were very good. everyone have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Fixed dinner for the two little ones and that is a pretty easy chore although I try to see that what I fix for our regular dinner, they too can partake. The little girl is doing much better but obviously still not feeling the best. She is taking her meds better, she takes them straight from a teaspoon as she seems to do that better this time around. It does not help that I too feel terrible - this COPD sure saps my strength. Of course a lot of it has to do with the fact I am older than dirt.

Have no clue what the day will bring as far as food is concerned.

Have a good one everybody.

Trusted Contributor

Image may contain: dog and text

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning funny