Respected Contributor

Re: Here it is February 2017 ALREADY!!! What's Cooking in your House

Well at least I have given dinner some thought. Pulled a pork roast out of the freezer so in a few hours that will go in the slow cooker. Not sure what to use as go withs except I am 95 percent sure, collards will be the main veggie. So what else? Either mashed taters, sweet taters (which I will perhaps be the only champion for - also the little girl likes them or a pasta. Have PLENTY of time to match my energy level to make a final decision.

Little girl is up, been changed and drinking her morning milk - shortly will fix her breakfast. Her brother Ricky is at Sherry's so he is in hog heaven for sure.

Have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night, I thawed some of my marinara sauce, added clams, more garlic and oregano, pulled a pizza shaped bread out of the freezer, bought it at Costco, a softer type crust than pizza, already topped with cheese and garlic, rubbed the bottom and rim with extra virgin olive oil, put the sauce and mozzarella on top, and viola, pizza, baked in the toaster oven on the bottom shelf.  It certainly pays to have food in the freezer for easy meals when I don't want to cook a big meal.

Happy Weekend!

Respected Contributor

Had the pork roast with Kale, baby carrots and mashed potatoes. Very very good!!!!

Cold and rainy today. Brrrr.

Honored Contributor

Image result for sunday morning greetings

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Leftovers from last night's pork roast, etc. Very very good. Lunchtime was Del Taco tacos and burritos. Not bad at all.

Today no rain, but the winds came up - we are on wind alert until about 10 tomorrow morning. It is also cold.

Hope all had a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy monday friends

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday was salmon, snap peas, and since I had leftover quinoa and leftover homemade somewhat creamed corn, I mixed the two together.

Last night, I made tacos with leftover steak,  fried onions, then added the meat just to warm it, refried beans that I add spice, etc. to to make them taste more like homemade, and on top diced tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado with a bit of lemon juice, didn't have limes.  I only ate beans, and then was too full to eat anything else.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wife just made for dinner south western pork pasta. she makes a spicy sause with heavy creme cumin and a whole jar of salsa . pork gets cooks with olive oil cumin and then all sauce ingredients go in next for like 20 minutes. cook any kind of pasta and pour sauce mixture over pasta and mix.  and she made home made ravioli for tomorrow and a red velvet cake for tomorrow velintines day. i made for tomorrow a sauce meatballs and sausage. and i enjoy loading dishwasher and cleaning up kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy valentine's day friends

Honored Contributor

Image result for have a wonderful day