Honored Contributor

Re: Here it is February 2017 ALREADY!!! What's Cooking in your House

@Pooky1 wrote:

yup. it is.its allmost 60 up here in ri and exspecting possible a foot of snow tomorrow. good old new england weather. have a great day all.

@Pooky1 ... If you want weird weather ... come to TN.  70's to 20's ... overnight.  LOL  Been sick for 6 weeks because my body can't keep up with these changes. 

Stay out of the snow and snuggle in.  Good day for it. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

will need to help with a little shoveling. home made left over mini meatball soup tomorrow. its a great day for hot soup.good luck preds. hope you start to fell better.

Respected Contributor

WendyLouHoo - that is Southern greens for sure. I LOVE collards, LOVE mustard greens and LOVE turnip greens. Saying that I have NEVER eaten them together however. I love turnip greens and the turnips cooked together. Out here, however, you have to search for the turnips but I find them. Really like my southern greens. Usually only have cornbread and sliced tomatoes when I fix those veggies.

Having whatever I can find - no leftovers any more but was so busy had NO time to cook. Have enough food in the freezer or cabinets, however where everyone can find something to suit their fancy. Works for me when I do not have to cook. Getting older makes one sure become more tired.

Nice day today but chilly - rain this a.m. but none during the day.

Nice to see everyone here today. Well almost everyone.

Honored Contributor

Image result for have a wonderful day

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Frequent Contributor

I get the greens at my local grocery store.  They are already chopped, mixed, and appropriately called "Southern Greens".  They're all good greens.

Honored Contributor

Last night, I served sauteed chicken thighs, fried red tomatoes, and quinoa, simple and good.

Respected Contributor

we had left over mini meatball soup. great comfort meal on a day we had a blizzad. lots of heavy snow high winds near white out conditions and thunder and lightning. up tp 4 inches of snow per hour .yup ri is totally covered in snow.everyone have a good night.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday facebook

Respected Contributor

WendyLouHoo - lulcky you to find such a thing. I live in Sou Cal and when I first moved out here you could not find collards anywhere - there was another one but have forgotten what it is. I think it was turnip greens - you could find the turnip but not the greens  they tossed them.

Once again I did not cook much yesterday - a very emotional day for me re my two great great grands I have here. For sure I must cook dinner tonight - The little boy woke up last night and I had to comfort him - bless his little soul. He will be happy today as a dear friend is picking him to stay with her a day - maybe two - he will be in hog heaven so to speak.

It was plumb hot yesterday and I had to turn the AC on in the car - what a change that was. The weather experts say, however, do not get use to it - rain and cold coming back today or tonight. Figures does it not!!!

Hope one and all have a great day - and be sure and eat well.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday friends