Respected Contributor

Here it is February 2017 ALREADY!!! What's Cooking in your House

Oooops, February snuck up for sure. Just me, the teenager and the two little ones for dinner tonight. Unfortunately I was driving around here and there running errands and dealing with - once again = a zillion things. I should have set this up last night so it would have been ready.

So what IS for dinner - not real sure. May fix some soup - nothing wrong with that as long as there are crackers. Will also fix some slaw to go with it =- healthy meal and all should partake.

Again, welcome to February.

Honored Contributor

Re: Here it is February 2017 ALREADY!!! What's Cooking in your House

When I had nights like that, I'd always make it a "breakfast for dinner" night.  The girls loved it.  It was fun for them, a real treat.  They didn't know that mum did it because she was frazzled and too tired to cook dinner..lol   Pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage. 

Respected Contributor

I did the breakfast routine a few nights back - it works great for sure. I seem to get more and more tired - possibly because I am a great great grand attempting to get two little ones started in life - 17 months and almost 3 - and they have had difficulties. Quite a job. And then also have a great grand here - 16 year old boy who thinks he is whatever it is that has to do nothing but make a mess. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, for the return of my golden years.

By the way wound up picking up a pizza - that went over super well.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy groundhog day

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for goodbye january welcome february pics

Trusted Contributor

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, nature, outdoor and text

Honored Contributor

Bought some boneless chicken breasts on sale.

Making one of our fav recipes Chicken Georgia by Paula Deen (I'll add spinach on top of mine).

I'm making red roasted potatoes and fresh string beans with salad.

Honored Contributor

homedecor1 wrote:

Making one of our fav recipes Chicken Georgia by Paula Deen (I'll add spinach on top of mine).

@homedecor1

I  am making ham, green beans and cubed potatoes for supper.  Got fresh beans at farmer's market yesterday.  I'll use my Ninja 4 in 1 cooker to prepare meal.  Will cook meat first with a little onion, then add beans and cook for about 1/2 hour, then take out ham and cut up, will add potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, will add cut up meat and some parsley and stir everything together and let simmer for a little while.  I'm so hungry for ham and green beans!  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

@flbettyboop wrote:

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, nature, outdoor and text

Good one.  That looks sooooooooooo good.

'Jamma

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@homedecor1

I  am making ham, green beans and cubed potatoes for supper.  Got fresh beans at farmer's market yesterday.  I'll use my Ninja 4 in 1 cooker to prepare meal.  Will cook meat first with a little onion, then add beans and cook for about 1/2 hour, then take out ham and cut up, will add potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, will add cut up meat and some parsley and stir everything together and let simmer for a little while.  I'm so hungry for ham and green beans!  Smiley Happy

@AnikaBrodie

Decided to do spinach - dinner was delicious! Sometimes it good to eat different things (my spouse is meat & potato guy) - the chicken breasts were big so I've got leftovers! Yeah ❤ them, he doesn't!

IMG_6040.JPG