Super Contributor

Help with banana sorbet with chocolate sauce / Vitamix?

Hey folks! Need some help! I have tried to make the banana sorbet-like dessert that is frequently demonstrated almost every time the Vitamix is on air. All they do (it looks like), is put frozen bananas in the Vitamix, blend it for a few seconds, dump it into a dish, and drizzle chocolate sauce over it. My problem is that no matter what I do, I cannot get the proper consistency on my bananas. Does anyone know where the recipe instructions for this might be?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with banana sorbet with chocolate sauce / Vitamix?

I have made this several times. I cut up my bananas in big chunks before I freeze. I use the pusher to get the frozen banana to hit the blades. You need to process for about a minute or so until the bananas are smooth. I use the bananas that are about to turn soft. Good luck! Sonnie

Super Contributor

Try using the pusher or if that doesn't help add a little liquid such as almond or coconut milk.
Respected Contributor

I think I read that it was 2 frozen bananas and one ripe (unfrozen) banana. The frozen ones give it a different texture.

Honored Contributor

On 6/21/2014 santorini said:

I think I read that it was 2 frozen bananas and one ripe (unfrozen) banana. The frozen ones give it a different texture.

Hi, Santorini,

It was 2 frozen bananas & 1 ripe unfrozen banana. Chocolate sauce & walnuts were added to it.

Super Contributor

Aha! Thanks everyone! Santorini and Nightowlz, I used all frozen, and I could NOT get the banana to move off the sides corners and back into the blades, despite the tamper being used repeatedly. I bet the unfrozen banana is important to the overall process. Thank you so much everyone for the helping hands! Kiss

Super Contributor

Oh, hey! I found the QVC video telling about this too. It is at 40:23 of the product video on the product page here: http://www.qvc.com/Vitamix-64-oz.-12-in-1-Automatic-Blender.product.K41173.html?sc=K41173-SRCH&cm_sp...

Thanks again all!

Honored Contributor

On 6/21/2014 santorini said:

Also take the bananas or any other fruit you are using and let them sit out for 10 minutes. They need to be slightly thawed too - same as that yonanas machine.