Honored Contributor

Re: Heads up (read fast before poof)

Thank you sharke.  No harm done posting this.  Don't know why the tizzy fit. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

7_12_3.gif

Happy holiday !

Valued Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

The same could be said about QVC & the other TV shopping channels.  I personally don't care what stores are doing business on Thanksgiving Day.

@Sylanne~I agree with you about the tv shopping channels. IMHO, they too should be closed on Thanksgiving Day. For me, it's not the business. It's about the hundreds of employees being pulled in to work. It's a day for family and charity & not for work. 

Valued Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

I am sure there are people who are glad to have this information that otherwise may not be able to afford an expensive appliance. This is clearly an act of kindness to post this and really there is only one gracious response.

Thank You !

@tiny 2~Please understand, I'm not disagreeing or about the OP's info regarding the sale. We all want to save money. 

I personally am looking for a tv from two major B/M retailers. If I purchase one...it will be online. We are all (for the most part) computer savvy or, we wouldn't be here. The advantages of modern technology give us that conveinance. 

My thoughts are for the gradual loss of respect of this important holiday that celebrates our past as a country, our families and, charity. 

Honored Contributor

When I was young stores weren't even open on Sunday.

Then when the grocery stores started opening after church, they only sold food products.

There would be ropes around certain areas that you couldn't buy.

The good old daysHeart

Honored Contributor

Hi sister!

Yes, the butcher dept, bakery and deli was always closed.  Unions forbid working on Sunday.  Then in about 1972 they would cut meat the day before, and there would be cut meat wrapped and for sale on Sunday in a case.  That was so handy! Not much, a few steaks, chops and a chicken or two.  Hardly anything was open on Sunday when i was a kid.  And I lived in California!