Honored Contributor

Heads up (read fast before poof)

I saw where at 6 p.m. on Thurs Walmart gonna have the PowerXL pressure cooker for 44.00 usually 100 and over.

Your welcome !

Valued Contributor

Re: Heads up (read fast before poof)

@SharkE wrote:

I saw where at 6 p.m. on Thurs Walmart gonna have the PowerXL pressure cooker for 44.00 usually 100 and over.

Your welcome !

IMHO~Walmart and every other retailer should be closed on Tgiving day! I was a nurse for 30+ years, I worked many holidays. As do police, emt's, firefighters and the like. But, we know that going in.

Retail is not a necessity on a holiday. Family and friends, helping out the poor, or those who are ill is much more important!

i wish all these companies would stop being so d@€£ greedy. Isn't a 600-1000% mark up enough!

Respected Contributor

Why would this be poofed???  No links, no coupon codes. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

The same could be said about QVC & the other TV shopping channels.  I personally don't care what stores are doing business on Thanksgiving Day.

Respected Contributor

I am sure there are people who are glad to have this information that otherwise may not be able to afford an expensive appliance. This is clearly an act of kindness to post this and really there is only one gracious response.

Thank You !

Super Contributor

IMHO~Walmart and every other retailer should be closed on Tgiving day! I was a nurse for 30+ years, I worked many holidays. As do police, emt's, firefighters and the like. But, we know that going in.

Retail is not a necessity on a holiday. Family and friends, helping out the poor, or those who are ill is much more important!

i wish all these companies would stop being so d@€£ greedy. Isn't a 600-1000% mark up enough!

GOOD point !!

Years ago I was in the hardware store business. The customers at that time said NO WAY will we EVER buy tools made in CHINA or Japan. Remember made in USA ? :-(

Years ago we all bought LOCAL there was NO Amazon, no internet sales

People CHANGE....NOT ALWAYS for the good :-(

In my city.......miles and miles of closed factories, closed retail business fronts.

GREED......in the end wins :-(

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not interested in a pressure cooker, but that price is apparently one screamin' good buy, so allow me to add my most gracious THANK YOU for posting the news that one retailer is offering a very  NONGREEDY price to anyone who wants to go get one.

Not everyone wants to, needs to, or even can celebrate Thanksgiving the way many others do.  If they want to shop, more power to them.  Also, I always remind myself that the folks who often work in those restaurants and stores on major holidays might want to work because they need the extra money.  A holiday of leisure is no fun when your family doesn't have enough income to spend the day feasting on food. 

Nor do all those employees hail from the country and  cultural background that tends to value the history behind the first Thanksgiving.  It's just another day to them.

Honored Contributor

Yep, no links or coupon codes, but, you never know.  Just thought I'd share a good deal.  I'm not getting out that day. Haha to much traffic . I'm afraid I would get run over.  Haha

Honored Contributor

One of my favorite stores is opening at 2PM on Thanksgiving.  That's dinner time for some people.  Lowers  my opinion, 6PM was bad enough.  Why even bother closing?

Honored Contributor

Everybody afraid they'll lose a nickel.