Honored Contributor

Have you made any GOOD <b>baked goods</b> using a VitaMix DRY MIX container?

I just made two loaves of bread, and they were not wonderful and it was a mess to make them.  The instructions in the book weren't very clear and my 32 oz. dry mix container didn't come with a tamper, which the recipes called for a lot of the times.

I would like to hear some experiences from any of you who have tried this.  Maybe cupcakes or something like that would be easier.  Any suggestions would appreciated!

THANKS!

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you made any GOOD <b>baked goods</b> using a VitaMix DRY MIX container?

i like using the dough feature on my bread maker, then bake them in the oven.  There some great recipes out there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you made any GOOD <b>baked goods</b> using a VitaMix DRY MIX container?

Honored Contributor

Thanks.  Ihave a bread machine which we use weekly at least.  I was just wondering if anyone had solved making bread dough in the dry blade container. 

Valued Contributor

Years ago my fil gave us one of the original vitamix machines.   A huge metal thing.  I hated it.  Awkward and diffficult to clean, in fact it was packed up for years and I took it out to try to make frozen drinks and it didn't work.  Oh, what a dear man but I wish he took a look at what was needed not some expensive contraption that wouldn't be used. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my VitaMix and it works great for smoothies, iced desserts, soups, chopping and a million other things, but the dough thing in the dry container didn't work out well, so I am looking for tips and advice on that.

Trusted Contributor

I love my Vitamix, but I only use the dry container to grind grains. When Jan did the the bread dough demo-it looked like a hot mess! Plus, he could only make a small loaf.

Honored Contributor

I must have done it right 'cause what I came up with was a HOT MESS! And it was HOT too! LOL!!!