Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone had their Kitchenaid mixer serviced?

[ Edited ]

If I had a vintage one I would have it repaired or refurbished before buying a new one.  The new ones are not the same quality.  I purchased one in 2002 and by 2012 it was dead. I used it 3 or 4 times a week, nothing heavy duty. There's no reason it should have failed so quickly.  I've had my second one for about 5 years.  If it needs repair I will not purchase another KA.

I contacted the company and as someone else here said, it was to be at least $100 to ship it to them for initial repair. The cost could go up after that. I live in a major metropolitan area and could not find a certified repair service nearby.

~ house cat ~
Frequent Contributor

I have had 2 bowl lift mixers in the last 5 years both bit the dust.  I will not buy another KA product.  I found their customer service horrible....

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have two kitchenaids.......one is 28 years old (a wedding gift.....white).......the other is about 57 years old (my moms.....avocado green). i have never had to have either of them serviced.....hope i never have to. i wonder how much it costs to service them and whether or not it is better to just upgrade to a new model?

Do I understand correctly - you already have 2 KA mixers that have never needed serviced and now you want to get a third one?

no @151949 you didnt understand correctly. i didnt say i needed or wanted a third one at all in my post.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have a bowl lift model and the bowl lift mechanism no longer works, which means the mixer can't be used.

I went on You Tube and there are videos on how to replace the CHEAP PLASTIC PARTS that lift the bowl. It looks relatively easy to take apart and repair, but I decided why bother.

I'm single and no longer need to make batches of cookies for an army.

More hype I bought into when I was younger.