Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been to Jungle Jim's International Market?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I've never heard of it before so I googled Jungle Jim's.  Is it a market or an amusement park?  It seems that the closest one to me is in Delaware and it's a big water park unless that's not affiliated with the market.

I would love the check out the market...it sounds like fun!

@haddon9  there are only two locations, that I'm aware of, both in Ohio.  

Jungle Jim's International Market  

@JeanLouiseFinch Thanks so much!  I guess the one in Delaware is a different compnay.  I would love to visit the market. I wish it was closer and had a location in NJ & Pa.

Contributor

We go often! I used to go to the first location, but live closer to the newer location now. It lacks the charm of the Fairfield store. IMO, if you do visit, Fairfield is the one to go to. 

Honored Contributor

@Leu wrote:

We go often! I used to go to the first location, but live closer to the newer location now. It lacks the charm of the Fairfield store. IMO, if you do visit, Fairfield is the one to go to. 

Thanks, @Leu.  I didn't realize that Fairfield was as close as is it.  I just checked both maps and the difference in travel time is only like 5 minutes or so.  We will definitely change the plans to the original location.  

Valued Contributor

I can't speak about the Cincy location but I know the Fairfield one is awesome.  I will have to go now just to get the Nivea products from Germany..lol

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Leu wrote:

We go often! I used to go to the first location, but live closer to the newer location now. It lacks the charm of the Fairfield store. IMO, if you do visit, Fairfield is the one to go to

Thanks, @Leu.  I didn't realize that Fairfield was as close as is it.  I just checked both maps and the difference in travel time is only like 5 minutes or so.  We will definitely change the plans to the original location.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Yes!  Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and allow yourself lots of time, because the place is huge and is packed with choices.  You are in for a real treat, and I am envious.   Also, check out the restroom--it was voted #1 in America once upon a time.

I would be very interested in 'hearing' your thoughts about Jungle Jim's when you return.  Enjoy!

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I've never heard of it before so I googled Jungle Jim's.  Is it a market or an amusement park?  It seems that the closest one to me is in Delaware and it's a big water park unless that's not affiliated with the market.

I would love the check out the market...it sounds like fun!

@haddon9  there are only two locations, that I'm aware of, both in Ohio.  

@haddon9   The best way to answer your question is "Yes."  It is a fantastic market, and it is an amusement park for foodies.  Heart

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Leu wrote:

We go often! I used to go to the first location, but live closer to the newer location now. It lacks the charm of the Fairfield store. IMO, if you do visit, Fairfield is the one to go to

@JeanLouiseFinch  Yes!  Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and allow yourself lots of time, because the place is huge and is packed with choices.  You are in for a real treat, and I am envious.   Also, check out the restroom--it was voted #1 in America once upon a time.

I would be very interested in 'hearing' your thoughts about Jungle Jim's when you return.  Enjoy!

@IamMrsG  I had to laugh about the bathroom thing.  Apparently I have a knack for picking places to go that have notable restrooms because I've been to a couple already that have made some kind of "best" list somewhere along the line, namely the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana, IN and Tami Longaberger's former estate, Eschman Meadows, near Newark, OH.  In a few weeks I'll be able to add Jungle Jim's to my list.  LOL 

Trusted Contributor

We live in upstate NY in close proximity of Wegman's.  My son loved Wegmans when he lived here and after graduating from college, got a job out in Cincinnati (suburbs) and moved there about 5 years ago.  He lives about 10 mins. from the Fairfield Jungle Jim's and when we first visited him, he took us there.  All I can say is "WOW"!  Jungle Jim's is like Wegman's on steroids!!

Everytime we go there, I feel like I see something new.  My favorite areas are the wine section (huge!), the bakery, the cheeses from all over the world, and the housewares where you can get everything from Lodge cast iron, LeCreuset, bakeware, thousands upon thousands of kitchen gadgets, etc. etc. etc. I told my son if I lived there, I'd be spending so much money at that store!!

You will really enjoy it...do wear comfortable shoes because you will be walking a lot!

It's truly a unique experience!  

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's fun reading responses.  We'll be near the Eastgate location (Cincy).  I'm excited now!

You will have a great time..keep us posted..we may need to make a visit soon! 

Trusted Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

If you go to JLF's link, you can find a slide show tour -- looks like there's one for both sites -- at least you can hungrily share the WOW.   Thanks, JLF!