Super Contributor

Re: Happy Dance Poll - keep it or discontinue it

Lose it!

DH watches the show sometimes, and he rolls his eyes. He'd vote to dump it, too! He also hates it when David does the Yum Yum face (which is every time David scarfs down food).

Respected Contributor

I hope he keeps it, because it makes me laugh. Last night, he and the rep did the dance, and I really laughed.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 6/19/2014 gazelle77 said:

what good is this poll going to do? I do not understand the purpose of running it.

I agree.

Actually, what difference does ANY Poll by the Q make?

I guess it's just a way to "voice" our opinion and get things off our chests. Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Lose the Happy Dance.

I also vote for him to lose the yum yum face and sidekick Mary. She needs to go back to the control room.

Respected Contributor

On 6/19/2014 wildcat fan said:

Lose the Happy Dance. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I also vote for him to lose the yum yum face and sidekick Mary. She needs to go back to the control room.

I definitely agree about Mary and the never-ending begging for social media responses and FB "likes." I can't imagine, though, being persuaded to buy or not buy by a host's on-air antics. Plus, something tells me that there are plenty of older women watching who just love the guy.

What worries you masters you.
Regular Contributor

Keep it!!!! Its all in fun!!!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!!

Arley

Respected Contributor

Now this is interesting. My post that said Delete It was removed. There was nothing else in the post that could have offended anyone. I did ask that they not blame the issue on little old ladies, of which I am all three. I don't care for it.

All I asked was that they do away with both the Happy Dance and the monkey faces. Cute on a six year old boy, but ridiculous on a middle aged man.

Anyone else have the same problem??

Valued Contributor

I vote to get rid of it although it doesn't matter to me really, I just think it's dumb. And I agree about getting rid of Mary also, I can't stand when anyone of them (including hosts) ask to "like them on facebook". Grow up people, who cares how many people like you.

And while we're at it bring on some new items to see, it's always the same ole, same ole stuff.

Honored Contributor

On 6/19/2014 birkin baby said:
On 6/19/2014 RespectLife said:

Keep it, Keep the show the same and Keep David just the way he is. His enthusiasm makes me laugh and I find him fun and entertaining. A Southern Gentleman we could use MORE of up North here!

Can take or leave Mary...not her personally...just don't care for the 'sidekicks' on ANY of the shows. I will not use FB and don't care about the 'social media' aspect they pushing during the shows. Glad others enjoy it though.

I'm from the south....Venable's hometown,actually. Southern men do not act like that at all as a general rule.In fact, it would be considered pretty childish and embarrassing by most for any man or woman to do that.When you add the eye rolls,yum yum faces,and using the word "foodie",it's even more off-putting. In fact there was an article in the Charlotte paper yesterday about the dislike of the term "foodie"...lol.

I'm sorry birkin, I didn't mean to insinuate that the happy dance had anything to do w/ being a Southern Gentleman.

I mean aside from the dance and the faces, I find David to be extremely polite to all his vendors, callers and staff. I find 'southern charm' in his courteousness and his respect to others. His dedication and love for his mother is quite endearing to me. I could listen all day to a 'southern gentleman' use the phrase 'Yes Ma'am'! LOL You can barely get a thank you sometimes out of some in the North!

When he was here in Bflo, visiting the 'birthplace' of chicken wings...friends were in the restaurant at the same time. He was quite the gentleman they said. No antics, no faces, just very genuine.

Regular Contributor

Rather have the happy dance than the gigantic bites he use to take. I don't watch as many kitchen shows because of the time but I do have good products from them.