Trusted Contributor

I bought the Ninja Coffee Bar TSV today.  I've been using a Keurig for years now, and the coffee is just tasting bland, blah to me anymore.  Not like a good cup of coffee. Although I like some light blends too, I prefer a medium blend.  I've been a member of the Keurig Club for a long time and they have ground coffee. It's been so long since I've bought ground coffee, I'm not sure what to buy.  Can someone recommend a supermarket blend, I'm a Costco member too.  TIA.

I have a Presto electric coffeemaker which I rarely use, but when I did, the coffee was so good.  I wanted to be able to make specialty drinks too, that's why I bought today's TSV.    Crossing my fingers here, but it does have good reviews.

Respected Contributor

I bought the Ninja too yesterday.  Ive had my Keurig for years and also find the coffee tasting blah now.  They all seem to taste the same now so I'm looking forward to receiving the Ninja.  I use to get Gevalia coffee which was very good and I also like  the original 8 oclock coffee.  I do want something I dont have to order from somewhere tho.  Folgers Columbian was good too, its a medium roast. 

Respected Contributor

I think you'll love your purchase.  My kids got me one for Christmas and I love it.

To be honest, everything I've brewed in it has been wonderful.  I've been enjoying Seattle's Best Hazelnut most recently.  Then I found out there is a new coffee roastery just down the street from me!  I'm going to a tasting there tomorrow, and they have a little store there to buy direct from them.

I will suggest that you get yourself paper filters.  I know it comes with a permanent filter, but unless you grind your own beans, and grind them a little coarser, you will get a lot of sediment in the pot.

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana

Does it take paper filters?  Are the paper filters the ones usually found in the grocery store?  Do you grind your own beans?  I had a Kitchen Aid grinder that I just threw out a couple of months ago.  I liked it a lot but thought I just wouldn't need it, nor had I used it for ages, plus I lost the instructions.

Frequent Contributor

I've become a Pete's fan. I received a sample with my new Keurig in a kcup. I use the refilable kcup most of the time now with my own ground coffee and I've bought nothing but Pete's coffee since the holidays.  I love their medium and bold blends. 

Trusted Contributor

@Leelynn wrote:

I've become a Pete's fan. I received a sample with my new Keurig in a kcup. I use the refilable kcup most of the time now with my own ground coffee and I've bought nothing but Pete's coffee since the holidays.  I love their medium and bold blends. 

@Leelynn

I think I've seen this brand in the supermarket I go to.

Honored Contributor

I've looked at this product closely and think it's great... and the price yesterday was superb!  I have also had Keurigs for years and with the advent of the 2.0 have decided that when this unit hits the fan I'm not buying another Keurig (I also have a single serve in our motorhome which I love)..... 

Enjoy your new Ninja ladies, I was very tempted but too soon for me.... and I'll enjoy reading all your recipe suggestions.....  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I get mine at the grocery store. Usually Publix and it's usually on sale. I'm drinking the Brazilian Minas Naturals right now. BTW, I love Himalayan cats too. My sweet Satin Slippers crossed the rainbow bridge many years ago and I miss her. 

Trusted Contributor

@Leelynn

I had 2 himis, one I had to put down 3 yrs ago. I was with her when they put her down, almost fainted.  The other is doing well and loves attention.  She has the cutest, flattest little face with gorgeous blue eyes.

Trusted Contributor

The best tasting coffee is one that you grind.  I grind about a pound or two and keep in a canister.  I love Peet's, Seattle's Best, San Francisco Bay (Rainforest or Fogchaser), Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and other small roasters in coffee shops.  You can order SF Bay on Costco's website.  If you like a strong coffee you can get SF Bay French Roast at Costco.  I dislike Starbucks as the beans are over-roasted and taste bitter.