Contributor

Got a Vitamix at a Yardsale Sat.

I got a great deal on a Vitamix 5000 with a 64oz. tall container, 64 oz. dry container and a 32 oz. container for $20.  It needs a lid for the tall container and a control knob which I just ordered from Amazon. I have a 7500 already so I am giving this one to my son but I'm keeping the dry container since I don't have one. I am so excited about this find. It works perfect. I just had to share this with  all of you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got a Vitamix at a Yardsale Sat.

Oh you lucky duck Smiley Wink. My daughter has one, but she paid full price. It puts my ninja to shame, lol. Good find...enjoy. Don't you just love it when you find a good deal. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you hit the mother lode!  Enjoy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Grams2, what a bargain!!

Honored Contributor

OMG--I would jumping up and down ---what a score!! I just bought a new VM as I had my moms 3600 all stainless stell from the 1980"s. Sadly it gave up the ghost last year----but I LOVE my new one!!!

Trusted Contributor

That's fantastic! I didn't know you could buy parts. Brilliant!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

OMG--I would jumping up and down ---what a score!! I just bought a new VM as I had my moms 3600 all stainless stell from the 1980"s. Sadly it gave up the ghost last year----but I LOVE my new one!!!

@wagirl  I have the all stainless VM I bought about 20 years ago from a friend for $100. I am still using it today almost everyday.  

Honored Contributor

seamaiden----my mom bought it brand new in 1980 and used it on and off for a few years, then it got put away and then got found again when I took it over. I had it prob from 2010 thru the end of last year. It got me thru chemo in 2012 , as I made a super-duper green smoothie every morning . I replaced a few gaskets and the spigot on it but it just didn't seem to have the umph as before. Thought about replacing the motor but finding one that old and then paying at least a $100 for a used one, just didn't seem to be wise. Let me know if you want any of the pieces for yours. Would love to find it a new home and not just donate it. Reminds me of my late mother!!!

Contributor

Thanks but mine only needed the control knob and lid for the tall container which I order from Amazon.

Valued Contributor

Great find!