Honored Contributor

Good cookie recipe for Pumpkin lovers

[ Edited ]

just stumbled across this mix while in WM. My friends love anything pumpkin so I thought for our pre-holiday brunch I'd make these as mini muffins much to my surprise there was a cookie recipe on the back of the box.

goodness these are delicious I had to put them in a tin before our Sunday card game or I would be eating them!

Easy and I also cheated on the icing.  I used a can of cream cheese frosting doctored it up with a little maple syrup and cinnamon. 

And i baked 375 degrees on parchment lined cookie sheets for 15 minutes until edges were golden brown and let them cool on sheets for 20 minutes before icing.

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Good cookie recipe for Pumpkin lovers

Those look really good!  I'll have to look for that mix in my store. Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Easy and I also cheated on the icing.  I used a can of cream cheese frosting doctored it up with a little maple syrup and cinnamon. 

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!image.jpeg

That is not cheating.  I always keep a can of cream cheese frosting in my fridge and put at least a swipe on everything even store bought items.  Last night I had a brownie from the freezer so I put a little on top of that to jazz it up.  Melted in the microwave is delish too.  Your cookies look great.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Anything I've ever tried from this company has always been a pleasant surprise.  I've purchased them at W-M, as well as Aldi's.

Respected Contributor

I love that brand!

I used to buy their cookie mix (came in a box). It made terrific cookies, especially the oatmeal version that was listed on the box.

I haven't used them lately, but I will try this idea for pumpkin cookies if I can find that mix in the grocery.

Thanks for the heads up!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

they also make a cranberry orange muffin mix that is really good.

Honored Contributor

I love their products as well, I'll have to look for that. Thanks.