Super Contributor

George Forman grill question

Hi- just got a new george forman grill- had ones years ago when my kids were young..Just wondering what those of you who have one make on it? I bought it to grill vegetables make burgers maybe grilled cheese..any other ideas? also, when you make grilled cheese do you put butter on top of the bread?? I forget lol thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: George Forman grill question

I've used a George Forman grill for years (after throwing our gas grill away). I usually use it for steaks, chicken cutlets (or other boneless meats), fish steaks/cutlets, etc. I've never used it for grilled cheese, but mine doesn't have a flat surface. I'd think you could use it for grilled cheese; I'd butter the bread ahead of time, but be careful you don't have the temperature set too high. I keep thinking I'll try it as a panini press, but haven't gotten around to it.

Super Contributor

thanks for the suggestions

Honored Contributor

My DH uses the GF grill A LOT--for chicken, fish, pork chops, hamburgers.  Hardly ever use an oven anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I use mine quite a bit for the usual burgers, chicken breasts and steaks but I also like to make kabobs. I grill asparagus on it as well.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you asked this @poohbear1.  So many recipes call for grilling, but I do not like fooling with the large outdoor BBQ grill.

I've been thinking about getting a GF grill but wondered if it's the same as a regular outdoor grill as far as cooking.  I was thinking the food might be more steamed than grilled. I hope to hear from others who use the grill.   

This morning's Kohl's flyer shows a GF grill doorbuster for $29.99.

Super Contributor

Happygal- thats what I paid for my 4 serving grill on amazon- I wanted a red one to match my kitchen appliances and thats what I got..hopefully we'll get some more answers! After St Paddys day I want to try a reuben sandwich on the grill!

Honored Contributor

There are so many kitchen gadgets on the market and in my kitchen, that I never use my GF grill anymore.  I hate cleaning it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have  to remind you of doing pork chops on it.  Don't forget about our porky friend.

Respected Contributor

The food's definitely grilled, not steamed. I made steaks on ours this evening and they had nice grill marks on them. This is even the case when I load it up wall-to-wall with chicken cutlets. I don't miss our gas grill at all.