Genius Speed Slicer Plus-blade adjuster sticks

I purchased this slicer almost a year ago. I don't use it all that much, but I like it a lot. The problem I'm having is with the slicer adjustment dial. The dial is made of plastic and so is the main housing. Well, plastic on plastic does not always slide smoothly and this is the case with my slicer. I can turn from closed to almost half way open and then it stops like it's not meant to turn anymore. It's all I can do to turn it past the half way point if I want larger slices. If I do get it past this point, turning it back to closed again, is just as difficult. 

What I would like to know is what can I use to lubricate the plastic where it is seizing up at. I know it has to be something food grade so I don't have to wash it off and still use it to slice things.

I can't seem to find an address or website for "Genius".  All I can find are sites that sell the product. I would appreciate any feedback that anyone has to offer.

Thanks so much,

Kris

Super Contributor

Re: Genius Speed Slicer Plus-blade adjuster sticks

Hi Kris,

I was thinking maybe pam or something like that, but while checking to see if it would be safe for plastic, I came across a lot of information on food safe and plastic safe lubricants, but it is pretty confusing.  I was not familiar with what your slice looked like and thought it would help if I knew what the dial looked like.  As I was looking at the information, I did see that it was Chef Tony item.  I think he might be able to offer some help either a trick or lubricant that would be safe to use.  You can contact him either through his website:   http://www.cheftonytv.com/contacts.html   or his facebook page (regular post or message through facebook) https://www.facebook.com/cheftonytv/

Another place you could ask is if you have local restaurant supply store, if not an online restaurant supply webstaurant. You could call or email them to ask about a food/plastic safe lubricant.   

Hope this helps.

tkins

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Genius Speed Slicer Plus-blade adjuster sticks

This slicer has been a failure from day one.  I've given or thrown out 3 of these wonder products - you can't "lub" (lubercate) plastic.   Water and oil never have been partners.  Can't believe QVC is still selling this - but it does give Chef Tony a job!