Respected Contributor

Just starting a thread on -- as the title states: "Fruit Infused Water"

Anyone care to join me?

Today is my first day. In 30 oz. of water, I added 1 lemon slice, 1 lime slice, 2 sliced strawberries, 1 slice of pineapple.

Why am I doing this? I have a terrible problem with bloating and last year I read somewhere that infusing your drinking water w/ lemon would make your body more alkaline, which would reduce bloating. I was going to get a tummy tuck, but will try this instead.

If you drink fruit infused water, please post what it's done for you. Thanks.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Do you blend it, let the fruit "steep" for a while, or just drop the fruit in a pitcher of water and drink? Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I just dropped the fruit in the bottle. In fact, I made a typo. I just looked at the bottle, and it's 20 oz. not 30. That makes a big difference because the 20 oz. water bottle I'm using is too small, so I finished up the water faster than a New York minute.

Two other reasons Y a 20 oz. bottle is too small: #1-In the summer, there's not enuf space for ice cubes, and #2-I just filled up the bottle again, and all the juice from the fruit is gone. So, you'll need at least a 30 oz drinking bottle (if there is such a thing) or a pitcher, and you'll definitely have to use more fruit.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

The best thing for you would to buy a bag of organic lemons. And use a glass pitcher.

It's true though, citrus fruits are not acidic, and help the body become more alkaline.

Trusted Contributor

This is, at best, a bunch of hokum. There is nothing to make your body more alkaline. Your blood is a buffered solution, meaning your body will adjust to keep it at a stable pH. Consuming large quantities of alkaline foods or acidic foods will, in no way, change that.

Additionally, lemons and other fruits are acidic -- not alkaline. Drinking more water is good, and adding fruit to the water (if it helps you consume more) is a good thing. Believing in these rumors and pseudoscientific junk, though, will do nothing,

Respected Contributor

I do this too. I use an infuser pitcher that I purchased from Amazon. I like to drink flavored water and this makes it healthy and convenient for me.

Respected Contributor

At least it makes the water taste good. I just drank my 2nd round. 40 oz of water in 30 minutes is a lot for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's good to drink too much at once. You need to spread it out evenly throughout your day. A tall glass of water first thing in the morning since most people go thru the night without drinking any. I keep a glass on my nightstand.

Respected Contributor

Update: What a relief! My bloating has disappeared. THAT was painful. This morning's cocktail is 1/2 lemon, 4 strawberries and a pinch of Himalayan salt.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Update: For those of you who DO drink this cocktail, the Himalayan salt really adds quite a bit of "zip" to this beverage. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}